All reviews fresh fruit parlor room shared bathroom was clean allergic to cats highly recommend this b b bed and breakfast street parking guests comfort
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I've never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast, so I was unsure of what to expect. I stayed one night at the Burbridge St. BnB and was very pleased with the experience. Marney, the owner, has several rooms for rent in her beautiful establishment. It's tastefully decorated with oriental rugs, paintings, and knick knacks. It feels truly home-y.
I stayed in the 4 poster bedroom. The place has 3 cats who were absolutely adorable and very friendly. Marney provided plenty of information about the local restaurants and had very clear instructions for operating the accommodations of the room (television and cable, tea pot, wifi).
There's ample street parking and it's a brief distance from historic Germantown and downtown Philadelphia.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deelizcar
MarneyHague2013, Owner at Burbridge Street B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks for your pleasant review. One of the advantages of staying in a B&B is the owner's local knowledge that can make your stay much more interesting and diverse. I like to provide lots of recommendations to my guests for Philadelphia's many hidden treasures. Many of them are right here in my local neighborhood -- in addition to the better known historic sites of Center City. And when you return to the B&B at the end of a long day of touring, you'll have all the comforts of home, with unique décor that will never be confused with the blandness of a chain hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My husband and I had to find last-minute lodgings and Marney was very accommodating. She is very knowledgable about the surrounding areas. The location was very convenient for us as well. We stayed in the Octagon room which was small but cozy and very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madoka C
MarneyHague2013, Owner at Burbridge Street B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks, Madoka. My B&B is located in the northwest section of the city, just 7 miles from the historic district of Center City, a 10 to 15 minute drive by a lovely parkland drive, and also easily reached by local regional rail. But what is not obvious to many travelers till they arrive, is the lovely spacious historic neighborhood where my B&B is located, complete with mansion houses and expansive gardens. There are 16 historic house museums in Germantown's neighborhoods, within 5 minutes' drive or a few blocks walk. One of the nicest residential neighborhoods of Philly, it's worth a visit and touring in its own right.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stayed at the Burbridge Street B&B recently, as I was in Philadelphia on a business trip. The room was huge and very comfortable, very tastefully decorated. Everything I needed was there close to hand - fresh water, hairdryer, TV, tea facilities, fresh towels, a fan and AC. The place is an oasis of calm and tranquility. A great place to relax - and peace and quiet to prepare for my meeting. The owner - Marney - was a great hostess - she made sure I was comfortable and has a wealth of interesting knowledge about the history of the area (and other things besides) - and it was really nice to spend time with her over her breakfast table. Highly recommended accommodation.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 'four poster room' and it was very private and the bed was super comfy - the 'Parlour room' also looked nice.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank rebelscientist
MarneyHague2013, Owner at Burbridge Street B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

I appreciate the pleasant review. I do my best to provide a restful, comfortable place for both business and tourism travelers to Philadelphia. An adults only place, I try to anticipate all the travelers' needs, providing local knowledge, recommendations for the many hidden treasures that Philly has to offer, beyond the Bell and Independence Hall.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I just read a review by a guy below and experiencing the same thing thought about writing it. So I actually stayed for a night at this place with my spouse (no kids), it's a nice neighbourhood, easy access to city with car and public transport, though later would require considerable walk. The house is extremely well kept, has multiple rooms, probably 3 and a single bathroom if I recall correctly.We could not have breakfast but overall as I said everything was neat and clean. The worst part however is the proprietor. We booked it for a second day and when we were out, the proprietor suddenly called and said she would have guests and cannot take us that day. It was extreme inconvenience at that moment as you can assume. We had to call the booking agency back and they also tried to talk but as informed he/she acted weird. I could not help but also see some racial undertones in the whole thing. So you understand when you should not book I guess!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Pleasantly surprised by antigue and art-filled rooms, we upgraded to the Parlor with comfortable brass bed, fireplace, loveseat, wicker rocker, desk, etc. Enjoyed romantic decor including two friendly cats. Would like to see larger TV with working remote. Large shared bathroom was clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast was prompt/beautifully served although same menu each day. On-street parking available relatively close. Proprietor, a font of historical information, was warm and friendly. Will stay at Burbridge for future family visits.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Parlor suite.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple