“Great Quick stop”

Rosa's Fresh Pizza
Ranked #292 of 4,612 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The pizza is great for the price! Added bonus: you can donate a slice to needy people! That is such a great idea, I love the option of being able to donate food rather than money and that Rosa's has an eye out to help the community.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

The title says it all. I had their pizza delivered to our hotel and it was hot and delicious. Both pizza were cooked to perfection and considering the cold temps outside I was surprised that the pizza was still piping hot. The delivery man was courteous and patient while we ran back to the room for his tip.
FYI: If you are paying by card, add the tip at that point as you won’t have the opportunity when the delivery person arrives.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Went to Rosa's for the first time today. The pizza earns a rating of 3 or average. Thin crust, nice sauce blend, and not overloaded with cheese. Where I was impressed was the option to buy a slice for the homeless. Rosa's will distribute these purchases to the homeless in the community. I would give this a rating of 5, so the combined rating is a 4. 3 slices (2 for me, and 1 for the homeless) plus a can of soda for $5 ... that's a deal you can't beat!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

After seeing Rosa's on a TV food show, we decided to include stopping here to eat and buy a slice or two to pay it forward. Rosa's is located in the middle of the block and an easy walk from historic Philly, Penn's Landing and the Reading Terminal Market. The staff is super nice and the service was prompt. The inside seating area is clean but small. There's only seating for about 10 people. The pizza is OK. It's not the worst nor best I've ever had but was just fine considering the cause. We ordered a whole pie for the 4 of us in our group and another 2 slices to pay it forward.
Apparently, not many homeless know about the free slices available because the walls, windows and counter top seating area are full of post-it notes just waiting to be used; many appear to be there a while.
All in all, a good place to grab a slice. I'll probably come back, if for no other reason than to pay it forward again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I visited Rosa's before a Phillie's game this weekend. The pizza is very inexpensive and the idea is that you purchase a post-it along with your slice. You can write an encouraging message on the post-it and a homeless person can use your post-it to 'purchase' a slice.

The pizza was good and you know your money is going to a good cause!