“Relaxed local Mexican”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed 12 November 2016

I was positively surprised by the many vegetarian options on the menu. I had really good vegetarian tacos and also enjoyed some very delicious margarita. Seems like the kitchen had pretty high ambitions, without being too pretentious. Really liked the relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We arrived at 6 and were seated at a table for 4 near the entry to the kitchen. The hostess provided menus and left us to study them. The lighting was very poor so we had to take out a phone to illuminate the menu.

The waiter arrived to take drink orders and answer any questions. We had many questions especially related to contents of recipes since we were dealing with onion and garlic allergies. He never did answer questions but only guessed as to recipe ingredients. Not helpful! Gee you're right near the kitchen...GO ASK!!!

Pico di Gallo and salsa verde with a bowl of tortill chips that were mostly crumbs arrived and consumed.

Our orders arrived lukewarm at best. My order of tacos with carnitas, $10, consisted of a double layer of soft shell tacos with a few tablespoons of very dry and flavorless meat. A few slices of radish and 3 tiny pieces of lime that yielded about 4 drops of lime juice were on the side. Nothing else! No lettuce, onions, just meat. Guacamole, cheese, sour cream or anything else was extra $ I was told. After eating one and then questioned by the waiter about my meal, I reported it tasteless and dry. He offered to replace or take it off the bill. Kudos to him.
All companions said their meals were just OK. Nothing to rave about and certainly nothing to return for.

Aside from the poor lihgting, the music was blasted through a loud and distorted poorly designed sound system. Only one song of several could be named. Conversations were difficult at best.

I will not return!

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner and drinks on a Sunday night. The patio was inviting, but we chose the dining room with its stucco walls and twinkly lights. The low lighting and loud music make it a destination for a good time. However, conversation was challenging. Service was excellent. The margaritas were good and there were craft beers on draft. The menu was an interesting mix of traditional Mexican and very creative healthy choices. We had salads of avocado, oranges, and jicama. I had duck tacos with sour cherries, others had burritos, enchiladas with chicken and a delicious mole sauce. Our vegetarian had several options as well. The flavors were excellent. Overall a good experience. I hope to go there again.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

My husband and I met some of our friends here for a late night dinner. We ordered drinks, apps, and dinner. I had the duck tacos to try something different, they were good. Everyone enjoyed their food however, there was not much of a selection. On the other hand, there was a huge selection of tequila and they have tequila flights. My husband and I were the first to arrive in our party; our other friends were running very late. Our waiter was very friendly and patient with us however, the hostess was obviously annoyed that we were still waiting for our friends to show. We ordered drinks and apps while waiting for the rest of our party and the hostess came back and aggitatedly asked if the rest of our party was a going to show up and asked to take away the menus. Not a big deal, our friends were able to get menus when they came, but it wasn't our fault they were late.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Went with some friends for dinner the other evening. Started with some margaritas at the bar which were very good. Moved onto the patio which had a nice ambiance. The service was nice and relaxed and the food was good. Had some empanadas to start, then mixed entrees including the cabrito, duck tacos and chicken burrito. Really enjoyed the tres leches cake for dessert. Very reasonably priced, we'll definitely be back.