“Happy Hour here TRULY makes you happy!”

Cantina Los Caballitos
Ranked #551 of 4,691 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Margaritas and chips THIS time but I can't wait to enjoy dinner at this great restaurant. The bartender makes a fantastic classic margarita and the salsa has the chipotle smoky flavor to it. They also served salsa verde which was terrific.

1  Thank jmonson

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This was my favorite of a handful of restaurants we visited during a trip to Phili. My husband, baby and I sat out on a warm night outside under a canopy decorated with outdoor string lighting; the crowd was under 50 mostly adults and ladies all in trendy dresses. First favorite thing: the drink menu is more extensive than the food menu and offers flights of tequila, tasty non-dilute cocktails, and refreshing twists on old favorites- I had a watermelon car crash (which I highly recommend!). Appetizer was fried plantains which were perfectly done and a mesmerizing, addicting mix of salty, sweet, creamy, soft and crunchy. I can't say I've ever had anything like it! Dinner was mole of the day which was chicken with I think a skirt steak side with chimichurry pico and rice. Really enjoyed this place, my husband did too- we will be sure to return if we find ourselves in town again. BTW- in a really cute neighborhood and good for an evening stroll.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Really enjoyed sitting outside, very good appetizers and drinks. Very good service.
My Uncle and I really didn't like our meals, very dry and tasteless. The rest of the family enjoyed their meals. My wife loved her dish.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We stopped by this restaurant after Happy Hour. Told us about 45 minute wait for outside seating. We waited at the bar and were seated before finishing our drinks. Ordered Guacamole, pork tacos and nachos topped with chorizo. Chips were perfect, not greasy at all. Tacos were delicious and nachos were great. Excellent value and a nice night.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived around 7:30 pm on a Tuesday. Busy, but they were able to seat us (5) right away. Across the street is the very popular Bing Bing Dim Sum, which was not able to seat us indoors (and too chilly out for us). Wait staff relaxed, friendly, very slow to take order. It seemed as if they had a good number of servers working, though. Chips and two salsas arrive gratis before drinks ordered. But kitchen was relatively quick. My family didn't really like the cold avocado soup (slightly too tart), but otherwise everything nicely prepared and flavorful, with a degree of care that you might not expect amidst the casual vibe. Salads not overdressed, for example. Entree portions generous, smaller plates -- average. We also had a tilapia special, wet burrito, guacamole, quesadilla, ceviche.... calabacitas side was oily, but overall very satisfying. Loud and slightly dark here, so yes, we took out the phone flashlight.