“Nice South Indian restaurant ! ”
Review of Ateethi

Ateethi
Ranked #2,622 of 4,649 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Good Kerala style food. The buffet has lotsa of options especially for non-vegetarians (beef, chicken, fish, goat all part of the menu). Spice level is good ! Not so much for vegetarians. Interiors look ok but food is delicious. Staff was courteous. Ample parking.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The food isn't seasoned correctly, and if they can cut corners on service, they make the extra effort. Ordered (3) masala dosa (imagine a crispy burrito Filled with seasoned potatoes and sautéed onions), they filled the first one correctly, but only filled the other two half way. It's not like I'm going to open an egg roll to make sure it's filled. I mean, who does that, packages it, and expects not to hear anything about it, especially at $7.95 a piece?

They were closing, so when I got home and saw what they did, no one was available to answer my call. Anywho, I called the next day, told them what happened, and all they could say was how much people compliment their food. I didn't ask for money back, I just wanted them to acknowledge the "mistake," but instead they were rude and defensive. I will NEVER order from this place again, and suggest you consider the other low ratings as well. I mean, they have a picture of it on the front of their menu! *shakes head*

Reviewed 8 November 2016

A definite upgrade for the neighborhood and a lovely experience. Their "not spicy" is a little hotter than my "not spicy" but still within the range. Great service, easy parking.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and me tried this restaurant for the first time after seeing decent reviews on Yelp. We placed our order, then 42 MINUTES LATER, a portion of our order came out. Yet, our drinks the coconut water served in the coconut we ordered did no appear until 7 minutes later. The channa curry and bhatura which was the only portion of our order that made it to the table was mediocre. The bhatura was pretty oily and the dough was thick, not light and flaky. Eventually, very unhappily we gave up and waited another 10 minutes until they packed the remainder of our order. We felt cheated of our time and money after this subpar experience. We also noticed others sitting for prolonged periods of time for takeout orders (no idea why they would continue to patronize this restaurant).

Pros- the decor was bright and colorful and the restaurant looked fairly clean.

We should have realized something was wrong from the beginning, since we were the only done in customers in the entire restaurant. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The dining room and wait service were exceptional. Unfortunately, that is where it stopped. These things mask a kitchen that seems uninspired and puts out food that leaves something to be desired. After starting with the vegetable platter appetizer, which was okay (samosa, aloo tiki, and pakora), my wife had Chicken Korma while I opted for Butter Chicken. Both main courses were okay (not horrible), but really lacking in flavor. They were quite bland and frankly, boring. The korma had dark meat (with some less than desirable chicken pieces). I would not recommend this restaurant for someone looking for authentic Indian taste.