Follow-up revisit review: We chose to stay again at this hotel, given our prior positive experience. We did not mind that the hotel is remote, right on the river, and this time we received a room overlooking the river. The view was of Camden, NJ across the river, and can see the retired battleship New Jersey, along with the Benjamin Franklin bridge (see attached pictures).
For those of you who don't mind being away from the hub-bub of downtown Philly, and travelling via taxi, car, or a few minutes walk to Old City or South Street (for bars, restaurants), or a little further walk, historic Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, then you can't go wrong with the Hyatt at Penn's Landing. Be aware: the seaport right below is essentially non-existent, and on other side of hotel = front, there is a full highway (I-95) sunken further below. Not very noisy, but an occasional honking, cars whizzing by, or motorcycle rumbling reminds you it's there. Don't worry, there are overpasses at street level to get past the highway. Ask for a room with a river view if you are sensitive to noise, but not a big issue as windows are thick enough.
Room was comfortable, clean and spacious. King bed on a high floor. Bathroom was clean and as expected. Standard and acceptable. Front desk is a little 'stiff' and needs a little 'warmth', but efficient.
We would continue to recommend this hotel to all, including families. Did not note a pool in the hotel, and we did not try the restaurants or bars in the hotel...we prefer not to for any hotel, given the many options in the city. Why eat at a hotel when there are so many options, cuisines in the city, within easy reach??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront property located at the doorstep of Center City, and walkable to Philadelphia's Historic Sites. Take in wonderful city views from a spacious and elegantly furnished guest room. Stay connected with WiFi at the oversized desk, or recline on the plush bed and watch the flat-screen TV. Additional in-room amenities include an iHome alarm clock radio, refrigerator and in-room safe. Choose an inviting suite for more space and amenities, or treat yourself to the ultimate Penn's Landing stay in the luxurious Owner's Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penn`s Landing Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Hotel
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Hyatt Penns Landing Hotel