The Wilshire Grand Hotel
US$219
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
US$139
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
US$159
US$143
Courtyard
Ramada East Orange(East Orange)
US$76
ComfortInn
US$70
US$148
US$141
All reviewsfront deskprimaverabridal suitebagelswedding weekendcomplimentary breakfastfirst floorthe hotel staffsales managerroom blocklarge bathroomwilshire grandwedding guestshighly recommend this hotelwonderful hotelcocktail hournew jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My daughter travelled with her school choir on a trip from AZ to NYC and they stayed at this hotel. She loved it and thought it was beautiful and said the staff was very nice to them (no easy task with a group of 33 middle-schoolers). She text me from the Newark airport the day they left to left me know she had forgotten several items in a nightstand drawer, including her Ipad. I found the general manger (Ed Reagoso)'s email online and asked him if he could help. He promptly responded and said he'd have someone check. I received a call from the housekeeping supervisor, John Mendoza, and he let me know they had found it all and would ship it back to us! I had the UPS shipping confirmation within 2 hours of my original email asking for help. They were so amazing to help a mom that was all the way across the country and to ease the mind of a little girl who was travelling on her own. Thank you both so much for caring!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank desert2beach2018
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear desert2beach2018,
WOW, that's quite a review and very much appreciated! We have a terrific staff and they're all incredibly honest! To be truthful, this is why we do what we do! We are so happy to have given you the attention and assistance you needed. I will be sure to let everyone know how they impacted your life from 3000 miles away!
Thank you for letting us know and memorializing the event!
Ed Reagoso, GM

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I stayed here recently for her best friend's wedding. We go to a lot of weddings lately and my wife is very picky. I have to say this was the most pleasant hotel experience we've had in a while. Coming from Southern California, I did not know what to expect with regards to weather or even how to get around without a car for the weekend but Nelsy helped me get settled. Told us where my wife could get her nails done before the wedding and adjusted the hotel reservations when weather did not cooperate (still made it to wedding!). Amanda was also helpful in connecting us with the shuttle so we could do some last minute shopping. Both ladies were exceedingly pleasant and a real pleasure to work with. Made me feel well taken care of. The wedding was well done. Food was great. Outside of the staff, what made this place stand out was the shuttle service, the free breakfast and complimentary champagne. Great place to stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeromy Scott E
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Jeromy Scott E,
Thank you so very much for the terrific review you posted with TripAdvisor! My team and I take the reviews we get at TripAdvisor very serious and it's so great to see two individuals that work so well mentioned for doing what they do naturally! We truly thank you for memorializing your stay and I will be sure to thank Amanda and Nelsy personally!

Ed Reagoso, GM

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks. Right from the start there were problems. First the door key reader wasn’t working so we were given one metal key to use, which was inconvenient for us (my husband was away during the day so we needed two keys and they only had one) so they changed our room. The room we were changed to had a broken tub stopper. For four days straight I asked for a new plug so that I could bathe my child properly. Poor communication and a lack of concern on the behalf of the front desk is why it took so long for something to be done. I had to wait around in the hotel for the manager to be available to speak to (finally after FOUR DAYS!). He was very polite, understood my frustration of trying to do something so simple as give my child a bath, and insisted he upgrade us. A nice gesture but all I needed was someone to sort my tub out. While I was packing up my room, the manager and a housekeeper came in and bickered about how to fix the tub. This is when I noticed the towel I brought from home for my child was missing, after arguing with the housekeeper who removes the towels, for a whole five minutes, he came back with the missing towel. I began hiding the towel in the crib under our bed clothes so that it wasn’t taken again. Three days before check out it was taken again and has not been returned to me. I asked everyday, twice a day for an update on the towel, “no one can find it”. At check out I asked what would happen if they did find it, in which they said they would call me for my address. You might as well keep the bloody thing (I highly doubt it was even searched for!) as I’ve since replaced it.

Twice we had to go down to the desk after getting all the way up to our room (whilst lugging about a child and all that comes along with it!) only to realise the room keys have demagnetised. The point of my review is to say that if you have a complaint, be prepared to be blown off about it.

The breakfast was ok, the woman who did the breakfast was a pleasure to chat to everyday and engaged with my child every morning. The WiFi is really bad, after not being able to get on it for nearly the entire day I asked if it was working and got a “uh, it should be!!” response! The tv is satellite so loses signal in bad weather. We asked about the hotel shuttle to take my husband to one of the local cooperate offices and were given an unclear answer about why it couldn’t take him? The other guests were loud, especially wedding guests who seem to congregate near the stairwells and exit doors we were next to. The fridge/microwave was convenient to have in the room and the 24/7 coffee came in handy. The furniture was nice, along with the bed & pillows.

At the end of the day this two week hotel stay cost more than double what my mortgage is, and was a disappointment!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer C
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Jennifer C,
Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry it seems we had some issues during your trip. The part needed to repair your lock and the tub drain were both unavailable immediately and this is why our operations manager chose to upgrade you to our Presidential Suite on your third day when he learned of the issues you had. I'm available to speak with you as well and will try to turn this around. I can be reached at my direct line 862-252-8440 if you'd be kind enough! I'd be happy to replace the towel as well but we truly haven't seen it. I'm not sure who you spoke with regarding that, the maid was unaware. The TV signal was lost for 24 hours due to the 28 inches of snowfall. It was a record snow storm for us and some services probably will be affected during a storm like that. I am sorry. Feel free to reach out so I can make this right please....And in the future, it's always easier and much less frustrating for our guests to address issues before checking out.
Thank you very much in advance and I do hope to speak with you soon.
Ed Reagoso, Gen Mgr

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My husband and I were here for 5 nights. We had a large king room with full size bathroom. Lights were on when we arrived and the bed turned down. Amenities included a queen size sofa, leather-like lounge chair, large flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. Two large windows overlooked a landscaped courtyard area. Check-in was easy and parking was ample. Breakfast buffet included different items each day. Coffee/latte and juice available 24/7. Fresh popcorn made every afternoon. Also there were fresh baked cookies and fruit. Hotel also offered van rides to/from the train station for those going into the City!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Antonette L

Dear Antonette L,
Thank you so much for posting your review with TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay! Your review is truly informative and we are so happy to have made your stay Grand!
Ed Reagoso, Gen Mgr

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Very professional stuff. On time shuttle. All very clean.
Had breakfast inc. in price - fit option available.
Also great restaurant for lunch and evening meal. Amazing sea food!
Everyone very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank iwonaoksztul

Dear iwonaoksztul,
Clear and to the point! What a terrific review for us. Thank you so very much, my team and I truly appreciate you letting us know of your stay and the satisfaction delivery! Thank you!
Ed Reagoso, general manager