Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here with some friends and Sat at one of the large booths. We had appetizers, cocktails, entrees and dessert. Our waiter was very attentive and wonderful. We enjoyed ourselves, but thought the food was pretty mediocre. The ahi tuna poke and seafood pasta were bland, and the steaks were really salty. The chocolate gelato with fruit was our favorite part of dinner.

Overall, nice ambiance, but expensive for the quality of our meal.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Ate here for dinner last night with two of my colleagues. I started with the beet salad which was the perfect size and very tasty. All 3 of us ordered the fillet which was good and cooked correctly, I asked for medium rare. I ordered the creamed spinach for my side, it was bland and very watery. We also ordered 2 desserts the creme brulee and the chocolate torte- both were good. The Chocolate Torte was very intense and good. I did prefer the creme brulee.
The service was a bit above average- one person in my group had ordered a diet coke, he did drink it all and was never asked for a refil. Our waiter would hurry away after dropping off our drinks or getting our order. I would recommend this as the atmosphere is nice and cozy and the food is good.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

They are still using paper table clothes. It's unbelievable in an expensive place as this they cannot afford linen clothes :-(

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Great for a special occasion or date night. The steaks are awesome, the prices are fair, and they have more than enough on their menu to please everyone. Beside steak, they have a great appetizer platter. Oysters are excellent!

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I've wanted to like this restaurant because it's close by and like supporting the local community. I've been here twice and both times found the steak not to be the prime caliber for the prices charged. Nothing stood out except the nice atmosphere.