“Great Food, Great Wine, Good Service!”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We went to Forbes Mill to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were pleasantly surprised when the hostess provided us with a special "birthday menu" upon hearing that we were there for a special occasion. This made an excellent first impression.

The two men in our party ordered steak (the Prime New York and the filet mignon) and, as one would expect in this kind of establishment, the meat was cooked to perfection. The women in our party ordered fish entree's and enjoyed them immensely. The side dishes of mushrooms and spinach were very good.

Forbes Mill has gone high tech with the wine menu which is presented on a tablet. They offer quite a range of wines from all over the world.

Our server was extremely attentive and helpful when we were making menu choices.

The ambiance is very good and projects an aura of a fine dining establishment.

Needles to say, it is pricey but ... it is worth the money!!

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Woman at front desk refuse to make eye contact with me, and waited full 5 seconds before saying 'ya?' to me. While leaving she passed right by us and looked away. WTF!!! Is this how they treat their customers? I've been here few times before, but never had to encounter that woman since others made reservations. Started bad that left bad taste throughout the dinner.

To be fair, the overall service from the waiter was good, but not all is well that ends well, if the start is crappy.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Ok, so the food is also really good but definitely one of the better wine lists in town. Great bar and dining room experience and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here with some friends and Sat at one of the large booths. We had appetizers, cocktails, entrees and dessert. Our waiter was very attentive and wonderful. We enjoyed ourselves, but thought the food was pretty mediocre. The ahi tuna poke and seafood pasta were bland, and the steaks were really salty. The chocolate gelato with fruit was our favorite part of dinner.

Overall, nice ambiance, but expensive for the quality of our meal.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Ate here for dinner last night with two of my colleagues. I started with the beet salad which was the perfect size and very tasty. All 3 of us ordered the fillet which was good and cooked correctly, I asked for medium rare. I ordered the creamed spinach for my side, it was bland and very watery. We also ordered 2 desserts the creme brulee and the chocolate torte- both were good. The Chocolate Torte was very intense and good. I did prefer the creme brulee.
The service was a bit above average- one person in my group had ordered a diet coke, he did drink it all and was never asked for a refil. Our waiter would hurry away after dropping off our drinks or getting our order. I would recommend this as the atmosphere is nice and cozy and the food is good.