“Excellent steak restaurant...a la Morton's or Flemings...with a different vibe than them.”

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville
Reserve with OpenTable
Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Danville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Danville
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've only been to Forbes Mill twice but the experiences were very pleasant. The service was exceptional. As I have matured, I am have learned to lean heavily on seasoned waiters for advice and counsel on wines and entrees. The two gentlemen I had were great to chat with and dialled me in on what I should order based upon what my stomach was craving.

Excellent food preparation and a great wine list. If they had soufflé for dessert, the restaurant would be equal to a Morton's or Flemings.

This is a great place for either a high-end date or a business dinner. I wish they had more booths. But, I'm old-fashioned that way.

On the weekends you definitely need a reservation but during the week I have not found it to be an issue to just walk in.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We took our 99 year young Buddy to Forbes Mill last night for his birthday dinner.
EVERTHING, including the cocktails, appetizers, entrees, wine flights, servers, and deserts were all out of this world. in addition we were given a custom menu, making mention of our Buddy and his age along with champagne.

A class act .. to say the least.

Our waiter could not have been more attentive etc and we all left feeling very pampered and happy.

Job well done !

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant but given other choices in the area and the price I would choose somewhere else to get more variety and better atmosphere. This is great if you want a steak and some basic sides. It's nice just not special.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Party of 4, for a Friday night walk-in.
Relaxed atmosphere, lovely people, serving your every need.
Great food, same food, quality, and service at the bar, as in the dining area.
Reasonable prices, keeping in mind we were in Danville,
Have to say, the bar staff - specifically Chad - very helpful, with a wicked sense of humour, adds to the experience.
Always worthy of a revisit.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I was visiting California to see my family and four of us had dinner at Forbes Mill one evening. The food was really wonderful. My brother had a large steak which was cooked to perfection, and I really enjoyed my own meal, a sampler platter, as well. The pleasant , quiet atmosphere was appreciated. Extensive wine list. We had excellent service. One small glitch was that for some reason my dessert did not arrive with the rest, but that was quickly resolved. Good waiter, who was attentive but not intrusive. This is not an inexpensive place to eat, with our bill with wine and tip topping $300. However it was a lovely meal and for a special event it is more than worth it. Given the price and atmosphere I would not recommend this as a place for small children. I would enjoy eating here when I visit the West Coast again.