I stayed here for two nights while in Jacksonville for business.
I originally made the mistake of going into the lobby of the Comfort Suites which is right off the main road, and I regret doing so as that hotel lobby is much nicer and the overall feel of the hotel was better than the Country Inn & Suites.
The place looked old and like it had seen better days.
The elevator was about as slow as you'd expect if you had two hamsters running in a wheel to pull you up and down. Once upstairs, the hallway was very warm and humid.
The room felt the same, and smelled somewhat stale when I first arrived. The smell went away once I ran the A/C for a bit.
Two switches on the wall by the door were very confusing. They both seemed to control the hall light, while one also controlled other lights (if I remember correctly, one controlled the hall and bathroom lights while the other controlled the hall and bed-side lights).
The room itself was in good shape. I found the bed to be very comfortable and I slept well both nights I was there. There were plenty of outlets around the room, 3 or 4 by the desk, one free one by the left side of the bed, and (thanks to a plug in unit) about 4 free outlets by the right side of the bed. No USB plugs.
The shower was good, but the shower head was small, so not a lot of you gets the spray. Towels felt old and crispy but got the job done. The water out of the faucet smelled funky and I was a deterrent for anything other than teeth brushing for me.
What little staff I interacted with were all very nice. There is free breakfast in the morning consisting of mini muffins, mini donuts, some other pastries, cereal, waffles, yoghurt, juices, and some other small things. I don't remember seeing eggs, but I only popped my head in to get a glass of OJ and then left).
Overall, for the cost I felt it was on par. Curious how the first hotel I accidentally went to would have compared, beyond the lobby. Maybe next time I go to Jax I'll find out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest Country Inn & Suites located in Jacksonville, FL. The hotel is located off I295, Exit 22 behind Wendy's Restaurant. The hotel offers Standard, Studios, and Suites available in King or Two Queen Bed configurations. Enjoy a hot breakfast with a rotational menu. The hotel offers many amenities including fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, 24 hr coffee bar and freshly baked cookies. All rooms offer mini-fridge, microwave, coffee makers, iron/ironing board and 32" LCD TVs. Upgrade to our suite and enjoy total privacy to the living room area. Suites also include a pull out sofa bed with a TV in the bedroom area as well as the living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West Hotel Jacksonville
- Country Inn And Suites Jacksonville West
- Jacksonville Country Inn