“Decent hotel for the price”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Ranked #58 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 April 2017

I stayed here for two nights while in Jacksonville for business.
I originally made the mistake of going into the lobby of the Comfort Suites which is right off the main road, and I regret doing so as that hotel lobby is much nicer and the overall feel of the hotel was better than the Country Inn & Suites.
The place looked old and like it had seen better days.

The elevator was about as slow as you'd expect if you had two hamsters running in a wheel to pull you up and down. Once upstairs, the hallway was very warm and humid.
The room felt the same, and smelled somewhat stale when I first arrived. The smell went away once I ran the A/C for a bit.

Two switches on the wall by the door were very confusing. They both seemed to control the hall light, while one also controlled other lights (if I remember correctly, one controlled the hall and bathroom lights while the other controlled the hall and bed-side lights).

The room itself was in good shape. I found the bed to be very comfortable and I slept well both nights I was there. There were plenty of outlets around the room, 3 or 4 by the desk, one free one by the left side of the bed, and (thanks to a plug in unit) about 4 free outlets by the right side of the bed. No USB plugs.

The shower was good, but the shower head was small, so not a lot of you gets the spray. Towels felt old and crispy but got the job done. The water out of the faucet smelled funky and I was a deterrent for anything other than teeth brushing for me.

What little staff I interacted with were all very nice. There is free breakfast in the morning consisting of mini muffins, mini donuts, some other pastries, cereal, waffles, yoghurt, juices, and some other small things. I don't remember seeing eggs, but I only popped my head in to get a glass of OJ and then left).

Overall, for the cost I felt it was on par. Curious how the first hotel I accidentally went to would have compared, beyond the lobby. Maybe next time I go to Jax I'll find out.

Room Tip: 404 was good for me, a bit of a walk from the elevator, though. Anything in the teens will put you c...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West

Reviewed 3 April 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Room was nice but when we got here the pool was un-heated (called ahead and knew this in advance) but also the hot tub was out of order. Doesn't look like the staff has worked too hard to fix it either. I think the ducks made a home in it... Rooms were nice, Pamela at the front desk was very nice and helpful. One person on duty at the desk at 530p I think is a little foolish though. Took 10 minutes a person to check in and about 7 people in line.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Thank you sincerely for your insightful comments. We sincerely apologize about any extended wait times during check-in as it was an unexpected busy weekend for our hotel. We will certainly use your feedback to help better our operations in the future. We hope that you will allow us another chance to host you in the future.

Kapil Bava - General Manager
Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West

Reviewed 11 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017