“Can't beat their Greek pizza”

Al's Pizza - Baymeadows
Ranked #214 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Al's Pizza is not your average pizzeria. Founded in 1988, Al's Pizza combines old world quality, values and work ethic with new world ambiance and award winning appeal. When immigrating to the United States in 1978, Al brought with him the traditions, passion for excellence and commitment to quality that makes Al's Pizza what it is today. Give Life A Slice!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Al's is a local favorite and now has several locations around Jacksonville. The Baymeadows Al's is the third one I've visited and it has the same great Al's pizza that has made the place a Jacksonville institution (we jokingly compare it to Amici's in San Francisco, although I think Al's is better). They're the best known local pizza place in Jacksonville for good reason. They do have other Italian fare, which I'm sure is also good, but when I eat at Al's I just can't bring myself to order anything other than the Greek pizza.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We tried Al’s near Atlantic Beach a couple years back during spring break. Traveling through JAX, we decided to try it again at the Phillips Hwy location. We ordered wings, cheese pizza, and the lasagna with (very large) Caesar side salad. Big portions; cheesy all-beef lasagna with thick marinara sauce. Pizza/crust was yummy. Good service and nice staff. Would try it again if we returned to JAX area.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Al's pizza is a must go to place when we visit Jacksonville. On Thursday night, not only to you get delicious thin crust pizza, but $1 house wine or 12 oz. beers. The restaurant is always busy, so be prepared for a wait. That is a great time to visit with friends and enjoy a refreshment.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Al’s serves the closest to a true new york pizza in many locations in Jacksonville. Traditional crust as well as sicilian thick crust as well. They also have other italian entrees and sandwiches. Al’s wins best pizza in Jax almost every year.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My wife an I almost always order delivery from Al's and we usually get something every 4 to 6 weeks. When they give you an expected delivery time for a to-go order, even on a busy night they almost always MAKE the time.

We like the NY style pizza and we also like it a little extra crispy on the bottom.

The house side salads are also very good and we can never finish one the first night.

I love their pepperoni pizza (I admit that I have no imagination on this front) and I convinced my wife at last to get the double cheese pizza and she LOVED it.

Definitely will order again in the next month or so.