“Great lunch”

Ranked #47 of 2,281 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" for our Duck Grilled Cheese, we are located in "The elbow" downtown Jacksonville's entertainment district. Our locals know that our Fish Tacos, Steak & Aged Gouda Cheese, and our "Deep-Dish" Quiche may even edge our the Duck Grilled Cheese. Stop by and watch our chefs prepare you lunch in our open exhibition kitchen. Everything is prepared from scratch daily, as such some items are only available in limited quantities.
Reviewed 25 April 2018

This was near the restaurant where we were staying. Went during lunch and had a great meal. I had the shrimp and grits and my daughter had the shrimp tacos. The flavor was amazing. The restaurant can get noisy so I wouldn't suggest for an intimate occasion.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Our dinning experience entailed excellent fresh, hot food served in a reasonable time. The dinning hall is a wide-open facility that has a majority of tables set up for communal style dinning. There are a few single tables for two as well. The menu offers a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, home made fries and chips. We had cheese and beef sandwiches with fries and chips. Food was freshly prepared and hot. The kitchen is open so anyone can watch the chef's maneuver the space to prepare food in a fairly speedy manner. The home made chips and fries were outstanding. The only downside was music blaring from a speaker and the acoustics that did not lower the communication from table to table.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Olio is a great neighborhood restaurant. The owner knows his clients and is receptive to their wants and needs. The food is very good,,,just a little noisy and busy busy at lunch,,,good for them!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Seems like a nice place and other things look interesting on menu. But Keurig self-serve coffee not good or pleasing and the quiche was tasteless and with a weird texture as if had been frozen or something. Chefs should visit the French Pantry to get an idea what quiche should be like.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I totally loved the whole experience of dining here. Wandered out after arrival in search of something local. The riverfront development that looked like it would have much to offer just made me sad and eager to leave. I looked up local restaurants on Trip Advisor and came across Olio, and so glad I did! The quality was outstanding and the vibe just as cool. I hate stuffy restaurants when I am on my own and since I don't drink, eating at the bar is not my thing either. This was perfect!

Date of visit: November 2017