All reviews toaster oven full size fridge nice kitchenette the entire property rooms are large each morning breakfast room decent breakfast an older hotel coffee pot visiting jacksonville free breakfast mattress
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I selected this motel from a map based on its closeness to where I needed to pick up my new motorcycle in Jacksonville. The rate was very inexpensive, but how bad could it be? To my surprise, it was a very nice place to be. The Anerican owner and his wife were active in the daily management. It was very clean. My "single" room was huge, with a full size sofa, side chair, lamp table, desk, bed, and a kitchenn with a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven and sink. The free "full" breakfast was outstanding compared to most. They had ethernet rather than wi-fi, but brought me a wireless router to my room since I did not have an ethernet cable. Optional entrance from hallway or parking lot.

Room tip: All ground level. Tell them what you want when you make your reservation.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This place looks like a nursing home converted into a motel. But don't let that fool you. The large rooms have king beds, sofa, fridge, electric broiler, and dishes. There's a wall desk big enough for spreading out blueprints or other documents, and wireless to do email. You could hold a meeting in your room, but they also have a conference room available. The staff hosts a central breakfast bar with toaster waffles, bagels, grits, boiled eggs and more. The lady overseeing the breakfast is very friendly and shared her secret for making really great grits even a Northerner would rave over. There's also a gas station right next door, with quick access to I-295. After reading all the reviews, we took a chance. We are glad we did.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belladonya
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of February. The price was great and the place was clean. The room had 2 double beds, a kitchenette ( microwave, toaster oven, almost full size fridge whch was very handy, as well as dishes and utensils) The breakfast was nice and every day they had bagels, waffles, toast, oatmeal, a few varieties of cereal, fruit, orange juice and coffee. They had 3 other choices that changed daily: grits, muffins, and our fave biscuits and gravy. The lady who worked the breakfast area was so friendly and a nice smiling face to greet us every morning. She even helped my youngest (2 yrs old) with his breakfast of oatmeal. The rest of the staff who we saw in the mornings all seemed so friendly- gotta love that southern hospitality! The only things I would change would be softer pillows, and the beds were hard. Other than that it was a nice clean place........and I wouldn't have a problem recommending it to a friend. This is no Ritz, but if you are looking for clean, friendly and in a good location you have hit the right place.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a gem to find off 295 in Jax. Jane and Tom Miller are the most gracious and accomdating hosts you'll ever find. Each large room has a front and back entrance; mine lead right to the parking lot where my car was parked. So convenient. Each room had a frig., microwave, sink and desk for computers etc., with hookups. Wifi is free as well as large continental breakfast. Ive never seen all this at such a good price near the interstate. The hosts live on site so respond quickly to any concerns. I'll certainly stay there again when in Jacksonville.

Room tip: Might enjoy being near pool.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jrmwvu
Reviewed 14 February 2012

but the large complimentary breakfast helps make up for it. We stayed here quite a few times and each time is the same great breakfast, nearly the same low prices, Just wish the pillows were fluffier and the towels were softer, however you do get what you pay for , we enjoy ourselves here because it feels like home since we've stayed so many times.

Room tip: Ask to stay close to the office, be sure to ask for a non smoking room this is a smoke friendly facility..
Date of stay: May 2011