“A Gem in Jacksonville”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #74 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 March 2012

These special Inn Keepers, Jane and Tom Miller, are personally involved in the daily operation of their Inn and their guests. The staff also takes personal 'ownership' in the cleanliness of the Inn, the grounds, parking area, landscaping. For me personally, Hospitality Inn has the ambience and comparable experience of a bed and breakfast at a far more affordable cost. The Inn also offers small conference/meeting room; huge dining/family room space for wedding receptions or family reunions; outdoor veranda and gazebo. A computer in the Lobby is available for those who are not traveling with laptop. (Jane personally changed the empty ink cartridge so I could print my boarding pass). The location off 295 South & 103rd is primo. Tammy guided me to a huge shopping mall and restaurants one exit south on Blanding. I love Dillards!
When I return to Jacksonville, and I will, the Hospitality Inn will be my home base for a week. It is clean and well cared for, truly a gem! I liked the fact that one can turn the a/c off and open the window for cooler night air. The kitchenette with frig, sink, and microwave is a plus.
When I arrived on Monday evening, Jane was wearing her apron & standing at the stove preparing the monthly community dinner scheduled for Wednesday and we engaged in conversation--just like my Mom and I did many years ago. Jane suggested an outing at the Little Talbot State Park beach. I knew immediately I had discovered "home away from home".

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank pegina16
There are newer reviews for Hospitality Inn

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I selected this motel from a map based on its closeness to where I needed to pick up my new motorcycle in Jacksonville. The rate was very inexpensive, but how bad could it be? To my surprise, it was a very nice place to be. The Anerican owner and his wife were active in the daily management. It was very clean. My "single" room was huge, with a full size sofa, side chair, lamp table, desk, bed, and a kitchenn with a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven and sink. The free "full" breakfast was outstanding compared to most. They had ethernet rather than wi-fi, but brought me a wireless router to my room since I did not have an ethernet cable. Optional entrance from hallway or parking lot.

Room Tip: All ground level. Tell them what you want when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This place looks like a nursing home converted into a motel. But don't let that fool you. The large rooms have king beds, sofa, fridge, electric broiler, and dishes. There's a wall desk big enough for spreading out blueprints or other documents, and wireless to do email. You could hold a meeting in your room, but they also have a conference room available. The staff hosts a central breakfast bar with toaster waffles, bagels, grits, boiled eggs and more. The lady overseeing the breakfast is very friendly and shared her secret for making really great grits even a Northerner would rave over. There's also a gas station right next door, with quick access to I-295. After reading all the reviews, we took a chance. We are glad we did.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belladonya
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of February. The price was great and the place was clean. The room had 2 double beds, a kitchenette ( microwave, toaster oven, almost full size fridge whch was very handy, as well as dishes and utensils) The breakfast was nice and every day they had bagels, waffles, toast, oatmeal, a few varieties of cereal, fruit, orange juice and coffee. They had 3 other choices that changed daily: grits, muffins, and our fave biscuits and gravy. The lady who worked the breakfast area was so friendly and a nice smiling face to greet us every morning. She even helped my youngest (2 yrs old) with his breakfast of oatmeal. The rest of the staff who we saw in the mornings all seemed so friendly- gotta love that southern hospitality! The only things I would change would be softer pillows, and the beds were hard. Other than that it was a nice clean place........and I wouldn't have a problem recommending it to a friend. This is no Ritz, but if you are looking for clean, friendly and in a good location you have hit the right place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a gem to find off 295 in Jax. Jane and Tom Miller are the most gracious and accomdating hosts you'll ever find. Each large room has a front and back entrance; mine lead right to the parking lot where my car was parked. So convenient. Each room had a frig., microwave, sink and desk for computers etc., with hookups. Wifi is free as well as large continental breakfast. Ive never seen all this at such a good price near the interstate. The hosts live on site so respond quickly to any concerns. I'll certainly stay there again when in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: Might enjoy being near pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo