“A place for animal lovers”

Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 180 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide a safe, loving, forever home for endangered big cats, and to educate the public about their plight in the wild and captivity. We do not breed, sell, or trade any of our animals. Our current residents include tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, bobcats, foxes, and coatimundis (the last two are "honorary cats"). We are only open on select days, and last admittance is 45 minutes before closing. Our annual Haunted Forest is happening again! There are no public feedings during haunted forest, but night feedings will occur each Wednesday. Refer to the Events section of our website for more information. Dates and times for the haunted forest are: Friday, October 13: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 14: 6-10 PM Friday, October 20: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 21: 6-10 PM Sunday, October 22: 1-6 PM Friday, October 27: 6-10 PM Saturday, October 28: 6-10 PM Last admittance 30 minutes before closing.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are so appreciative of a facility like this that rescues big cats and gives them a quality life with only volunteer staff. Our tour guide was friendly and helpful. It's not a long tour as the facility is somewhat small, but totally worth it. The price is so low to see these amazing animals. We even enjoyed a snow cone on the way out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)
All reviews
in 20 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

How could anyone offer a negative review with a non profit organization that saves and protects these wonderful lions and tigers.
The presentation was wonderful.
The small cost of admission is going into a complete renovation of this facility.
I have every intention of adopting at least one of these wonderful cats.

2  Thank urple2
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You can find all ind of animals here. its a great learning experience for the kids. The tigers are the main attention. You should go visit this place if you are in Jacksonville,

2  Thank key1904
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this place around September 2017. It was a belated birthday gift from friends. It was the best gift ever. The tour was fascinating but seeing so many wildcats, tigers, lions, and leopards was very distracting. We got to see them feed the animals raw meat at night too. I was so impressed that I went there again with friends on a double date and to give them a unique gift. They loved it too. We went during Halloween season in October and went through their scary haunted walk in the woods. It was very thrilling and better than watching a haunted movie. I definitely won’t forget Halloween at The Cattyshack.

My favorite part of the Cattyshack was the tigers.
Watching the tigers was very zen and therapeutic. I could just look at them for hours in silence. They possess this air of pride, nobility, and stoicism.

The Cattyshack has done a wonderful job rescuing and taking care of these beautiful creatures. I hooe to revisit this place again and see the tigers.

2  Thank roadsidemystic