“THE BEST Thai in Jacksonville”
Review of Tuptim Thai

Tuptim Thai
Ranked #396 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Suggestions: Pot Sticker Appetizer and Pad Thai or Red Curry
Price: Entrees are $13-$15
Pros: I really like the flavors and Spiciness of the food, cool atmosphere, the pot stickers are crazy good, the staff is very friendly
Cons: "Protocol" here is a bit odd (they just point at your table to seat you, they can sometimes be out of the seasonal items, not the most comfortable seats.

Thoughts: We have several good Thai restaurants around Jacksonville but I personally like Tuptim the best, and for me this all comes down to taste. The price of most Thai places in Jacksonville seems about the same, and the portions are all pretty close to one another. The thing that sets Tuptim apart from the others is their robust flavors.

It is a little bit odd the first time you go in, there isn’t a host or a greater, you just kind of walk in. They someone will notice you, pretty quickly, and direct you to a table and bring you some menus. There isn’t a ton of “customer service” here; it isn’t that they are rude, in fact they are all quite friendly (you’ll hear “Thank you” so much), they just don’t have the same “type” of service here that you get at most restaurants.

If you’re willing to look past the absence of a “front desk” you will find some of the best Thai food in Jacksonville. Every time we go we got the pot stickers and they are just out of this world, they are pork pot stickers but the coconut chili past concoction they come with is SOOOO GOOD! I would drink this stuff it that wasn’t weird. From there my wife and I typically get their Pad Thai and Red curry. The Pad Thai has just the right amount of peanuts and lime to it, and the curry is perfect. It has a decent amount of heat without drowning out the other flavors. Its really hard to be to describe flavors I don’t cook with so I’ll just leave it at amazing. I’ve had several of their curry dishes and they are all just so freakin good.

Hands down this is my go-to place for Thai in Jacksonville and I would highly recommend giving it a try if you like Thai food…and definitely try the pot stickers.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Some of the best thai food we've had in Jacksonville. The ingredients were very fresh. Our server took a genuine interest in us and helped with the spice level of our dishes. My husband and I love spicy food, so we ordered our soup at level 4. It was spicy, but not overpowering. The best was yet to come. My husband had the volcano duck; crispy duck with an incredible fresh chili and garlic sauce. I don't like duck and even I kept putting my fork in his plate. I had the seafood basil special, with calamari, mussels, shrimp and bay scallops. Both our dishes were delicious. Don't miss this great place.

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

We was there twice so far. The food is Thai spicy but you always can ask for no spice dish. If you think you can handle medium spicy, you can be surprised because dish still will be very spice.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Great food, clean restaurant with excellent service!! try it for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Thank Ms. P
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

Well worth the money! Great atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service!! We will be back!! Thank you for the experience!!