“Soul Food " Prepared with Love"”

Potter's House Soul Food Bistro Southside
Ranked #10 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Oh my, I enjoyed my dinner at restaurant. The menu consist of a variety of well seasoned southern cooked food ( fried chicken, fried catfish and shrimp, smothered pork chops, oxtails, gizzards, liver, macaroni cheese, cornbread dressing, yellow rice, brown gravy, peas, green, sweet potato pie, red velvet cake bread pudding and more......) I ordered the succulent oxtails, yellow rice, macaroni cheese, peas with cornbread. The servings are large and the cost is reasonable. Nice and clean environment. Pleasant staff! I highly recommend you dining at this soul food bristro.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I ordered the fried fish with two sides. The menu wasn't clear on what type of fish was available; the person behind the counter ordered Basa fish. While I had never heard of or tasted this, I went along. As sides, I ordered field peas, collard greens and corn bread. The fish was crunchy and well, but not overly seasoned, on the outside and the inside was flaky and hot. Both the field peas and collard greens were seasoned well with bits of meat. The corn bread was on the sweet side. For dessert, I ordered the peach cobbler. While the cobbler was a bit heavy on the dough strips and light on the filling, it had a good flavor.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

This place is amaaaaaazing!! Great staff and excellent food! Far exceeded my expectations for sure! If in Jacksonville I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Excellent soul food! Don't go to this restaurant if you are on a diet. The food is way too good. You do not want to miss out on their collard greens and cabbage. Love it, love it, love it!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

A friend recommended that we go check out this place as it one of his favorites. I had great soul food from a some local co workers in Dunn Avenue and in St Louis, so I was a little reluctant

The food was amazing and the macaroni and cheese was out of this world. Not a fan of collard greens but my friend enjoyed his. The chicken was delicious and the corn bread was great.

My friend enjoyed the banana pudding that he thought was out of the world. It smelled amazing!