“Great southern food”

Potter's House Soul Food Bistro Southside
Ranked #9 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Great southern food. My husband had the oxtail for the first time. Delicious! So tender that it falls off the bone. Alot of food! I had the fried chicken. Very good. All the vegetables were seasoned well and very yummy!

Thank Steven Cathy Fa... F

Reviewed 14 December 2017

My husband and I have been here three times already. Every single time, we have not been disappointed. The Country Fried Chicken (White) is good. The Cornbread is on point. The sides are really good too. It is hard to find a good soul food restaurant. We are so glad that we have found this one.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome. Oxtails, pork chops, mac&cheese, corn bread, etc, etc, etc.
Was busy when we were there but food was ready quickly.
The service was friendly.
No complaints on anything.
If you are in the Jacksonville area, go here to eat.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This is not the place for diets, but if you like it smothered, braised or fried you have to go. I learned a long time ago when someone takes the time to slow cook Oxtail, there’s no question I’m going to get it. The Hummingbird cake is a treat worthy of topping off a soulful experience!

1  Thank glen a
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Oh my, I enjoyed my dinner at restaurant. The menu consist of a variety of well seasoned southern cooked food ( fried chicken, fried catfish and shrimp, smothered pork chops, oxtails, gizzards, liver, macaroni cheese, cornbread dressing, yellow rice, brown gravy, peas, green, sweet potato pie, red velvet cake bread pudding and more......) I ordered the succulent oxtails, yellow rice, macaroni cheese, peas with cornbread. The servings are large and the cost is reasonable. Nice and clean environment. Pleasant staff! I highly recommend you dining at this soul food bristro.