DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront
US$109
US$119
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$128
US$106
US$144
US$150
US$127
HotelIndigo.com
US$76
All reviewsruth chrisdouble treeself parkingacross the bridgewater taxicounter spacethe river walkjacksonville riverfrontjohns riverdiamond memberenjoyed our stayfootball gamethe hotel staffdowntown areabreakfast buffetfront desk staffbusiness trip
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel is pretty average for a DoubleTree. The building was a former Crowne Plaza and it's been renovated to DT standards well.

I had some trouble on my first stay with getting my room changed around after I'd already chosen one, with the front desk's handling being subpar—but the bar staff and bar manager more than made up for it on that trip and the bar staff have been the highlight of my trips every stay since—super friendly and remember me from one trip to the next, and make good drinks. Housekeeping staff was more friendly than average in the hallways.

Every room I stayed in had a balcony (I only stayed on the Riverfront side), but only two out of five had chairs on the balcony, which is disappointing. The balconies are nicely private with large walls between rooms.

Every room I stayed in had an A/C issue where the darn thing would never really shut off; the rooms typically weren't too cold but occasionally I pulled out the extra blanket.

The bathrooms are fine, though the hot water gets a little squirrelly on higher floors; I found the shower handles to be a little tough to interpret or get set well at first. Also, they store all towels in the undersink cabinet, which is just a little weird when you realize there's no towel in arms reach and you have to get across the room wet and naked and hope you don't slip and break something. There is only a towel hook, not bars.

The WiFi is troublesome—I regularly had trouble signing into the portal to get access, though once I managed to get connected it did well enough.

The hotel restaurant is pretty good. I've been told the Ruth Chris is one the best.

I'll stay here again, though that's more indicative of the hotel market in Jacksonville than anything particularly amazing about this hotel.

Scores: (range: Terrible • Meh • Fine • Good • Great)

Bathrooms: FINE
WiFi / Technology: MEH
Beds: GREAT
Pillows: GOOD
Common Areas: GOOD
Food: GOOD
Gym: (not rated)
Pool / Relaxation: (not rated)

Value of Diamond Status: MEH

Housekeeping: GOOD
Bar / Room Service Staff: GREAT
Front Desk Staff: (minimal interaction)

– Business traveler, 60% on the road
– Hilton Diamond Member
– 5+ Stays at this hotel

Room Tip: Anything on the Riverfront side will have the same balcony view of the water.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00gc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Rook B,

Thank you for returning to stay with us. We are happy to know that you have been so pleased with our bar staff during your stays with us. This is terrific feedback to receive, and the staff will appreciate the recognition for their wonderful service. We hope that you will accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations in other areas. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to better serve our guests. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

It started at airport when I couldn't reach the hotel for information on transportation options. I tried calling several times, with no one picking the phone and phone call disconnected after some wait. Eventually I found out at airport there is no free shuttle for the hotel, just SuperShuttle bus that comes without regular schedule, very seldom and unpredictable.

Hotel itself is so-so for the brand - if it were Supermotel 8 it would be totally fine. Door in the room was rickety, looking like it will fall off, with huge gaps around it so I was even concerned for my privacy. The outdoor pool is of no use - it's not heated and this being northern Florida, temperatures at night in the winter fall into 40s, so the pool is cold. Google shows that hotel has indoor pool - THERE IS NO INDOOR POOL! There is but only one eatery within walking distance of the hotel - it's in pretty desolate area. The only thing that goes for the hotel is direct access to the Riverwalk - the Riverwalk is the only reason I gave this hotel 2 stars instead of one.

Disturbing thing happened before I left. I prepared tips for staff the day before departure, but didn't mark it as such - jut put it on TV stand with remote on top of the bill. The morning of the departure I still had meeting to attend, so all my things were in the room still, and I had "no disturb" sign on the door. When ready to leave, I went to the room to get my belongings and the tip was gone from under remote. That left me uncertain what else might have been taken? Somebody came into the room and took the money, assuming it was a tip (it was) but despite "no disturb" sign. Very concerning indeed...

On the way out, I had to stand in line to check out - there is no automatic check-out process - which is really odd for this day and age. I travel a lot and got used to auto checkout. I asked concierge about SuperShuttle and he said the is one on the way. It arrived in about half hour, but the driver said I was not on the list. I didn't know I was supposed to be on the list, and concierge didn't bother to put me on one when I was asking about the bus. That "sealed the deal" and prompted me to write this poor review.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your comments, 216Yelena216. It saddens us to see such comments, as this is far from the experience that we want our guests to have. Your feedback is very important to us, and we are sorry you were unable to enjoy your stay. We appreciate your business and would welcome an opportunity to restore a favorable impression the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My organization has a professional meeting planner staff who located a training class for my group at this site in September 2017. Due to the hurricane, we had to rebook for October. I staffed the class and had to cope with materials and an instructor arriving late. The DoubleTree meeting staff could not have been more helpful, kind and courteous regarding my needs. Staff quickly got me photocopies of enough materials so I could start the class. They were on top of setting up our room, providing banquet service, monitoring the a/v and the a/c, and checking in with me frequently. They expedited my materials once they arrived and really saved the day with their service. I found the meeting room, lobby area, restaurant and sleeping rooms to be very satisfactory. The meals both at the restaurant and served as part of the meeting were excellent quality and generous portions. Everyone from the bell staff and front desk staff to the banquet captain, a/v professional and servers were friendly, helpful and efficient. We used a charter bus for an offsite field visit, and hotel staff once again ensured we could find where to go and that our students were safe and well cared-for. I will definitely stay at this hotel on a future trip to Jacksonville and have recommended it to my Meetings director for future events.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront. We strive to provide our guests outstanding hospitality, and your compliments serve as encouragement to all of us. Our staff will be delighted to see their efforts helped in making your training session successful. Thanks again for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I experienced trouble starting with questions about the location and transportation before my visit, half-completed housekeeping, inconsistent policies and responses from the front desk staff during my visit, and no interest or effort in trying to resolve errors THEY made on my check-out and billing. If you're booking because of the excellent DoubleTree brand and service you'd usually expect to be associated with them, don't bother.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
00gc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you so much for being our guest. We are sorry for the issues that inconvenienced you and led to a less than favorable impression of our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to better serve our guests. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you at this time. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our hospitality and to prove we truly value your patronage.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed 3 nights at this property with a large group. They were ready for us when we arrived on site. The rooms were outstanding and very comfortable. The staff was amazing. We had 2 meals catered by the hotel and the food was delicious. The had an awesome breakfast and the staff kept items stocked. They had some of the most friendliest servers I have been around. This was my first visit to Jacksonville and this property made my stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you for making DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront a part of your travel plans. We appreciate you letting us know how much you and your group enjoyed your stay with us and how we met your needs with friendly smiles and prompt service. Our goal is total satisfaction, and we are happy to know we succeeded in that. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.