“Good but sloooow”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We've been "regulars" during our 5 week stays in the area for the past several years. On the plus side, the breakfasts and lunches we've ordered have been tasty and the service has been friendly.

On the other hand, we typically wait about 10 minutes to order and another 20 to 35 (this week) for our food to arrive. For 2 sandwiches 35 minutes seems excessive. If you go expecting good diner food and don't mind the wait, add Labor Temple to your list.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Will definitely be back as they serve a real breakfast at a decent price. Nice divey atmosphere, but way under staffed. Went in on the way to work and waited about 45 minutes to get our breakfast. A local and the dishwasher offered to help the happy guy work f the floor, but he refused. This refusal was as we looked at our breakfast for 5 minutes on the service counter.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We called in at a Monday lunch time and experienced great service and lovely food. One of us had the hamburger and fried and one had grilled cheese sandwich and fries. Both we delicious. We had free filter coffee too. Both meals came to about $12.

We loved the decor and vibe.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I loved this diner. Clean, crisp, with a dash of sarcasm just to my liking. The coffee was dark and strong and the Matty J...well, you will just have to try it yourself. Looking forward to heading back on my next visit to Astoria!

1  Thank SassyGirlJenna729
Reviewed 30 March 2017

If you are looking for THE dive bar in Astoria, this is the one across from the county jail. It is Awesome! I love the grilled sandwiches the daily specials, the service. I love this place. I order grilled ham and cheese and drink the PBR with it. Great stuff. I think I will go tomorrow after writing this