“Eat seafood straight out of the water, on a dock - perfection!”

Northwest Wild Products
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Fish market ocated on the docks of Astoria West Mooring Basin
Description: Fish market ocated on the docks of Astoria West Mooring Basin
Reviewed 26 May 2018

The tiny inside seating area was booked for a party when we tipped up, but we sat out over the water (towels provided to wipe the wet benches) with a view of the fabulous bridge, while inside they gutted a halibut fresh from the boat. Truly memorable - oh, and the food was good too!

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We were staying at a hotel near the riverwalk trail and didnt want to drive to a place to eat. We happened to see a sign for this restaurant, followed the signs to behind a building. They were selling fish and exotic meats from other animals and did have a menu. I ordered and loved the shrimp louie salad with added crab and my husband a bowl of clam chowder. Since there was very limited space to eat there and it was too chilly to sit outside, we took are food back to the hotel. My salad was the best! And I knew the crab was fresh because I bit into 2 pieces of shell.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My bff and I were touring our way up the coast in serch of fresh seafood and cold beer. We ended up here for a late lunch. When trying to find it via google map we ended up on the front side of a divey bay view motel. After following a hunch we followed the sidewalk around back and ended up in a walk-in-cooler-type seafood distributor. They had everything imaginable. You could buy fresh seafood to take away or you could belly up to the bar like we did and order EVERYTHING on the menu.

I will try my best to remember it all, we had razor clams on a skewer, a whole dungeness crab platter that came with a fresh salad topped with bay shrimp and olives, a cup of clam chowder, a side of giant cocktail shrimp and fresh sourdough bread. We also got some oysters on the half shell because how could you not? They have a cooler full of beer, wine and champagne ( and water and soda) We took the whole feast outback and enjoyed the view of the boats in the marina. I could eat this everyday.When it was all said and done we prob had enough food for 4 people between the 2 of us and it was about $70. STEAL! if you are only in Astoria for one meal, make it at Northwest Wild Products.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

This place has the goods! Very modest unassuming setting on the water with park benches for seating and great food. Their chowder is top notch. Oysters were a little murky for my taste, I prefer California or East Coast, but they were ok. That fresh caught grilled piece of salmon was amazing! They usually don't, but the nice lady let me pick a piece and she grilled it for me. All for less than 25 bucks. Amazing place!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We came by for something quick after a long drive up the coast. We wanted some place within walking distance of our hotel and this fit nicely as you can get here from the river walk. Just proceed on the walk, pass under the bridge and head toward the pier and docks. We shared a combination salad of crab and shrimp and a bowl of their chowder which had gotten some kudos on chowder blogs. The chowder here had potatoes and bacon but it didn't overpower the clams. The chowder didn't seem to be as salty as some of the others we've tried on this trip. Good chowder. The half and half was surprisingly filling and was with tomatoes, olives, Alvarado, and other goodies. Crab and shrimp were fresh. There is a table indoors but the real seating is outside on tables overlooking the piers.