All reviews the river great view a river view room gas fireplace king suite biscuits and gravy trolley runs room was large yogurt indoor pool very nice hotel free breakfast big ships morning breakfast front desk staff dvd player stayed here for one night
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The room was spotless and well equipped with all of the aminities. Bed was comfortable & view was spectacular. Astoria is a fun little town with lots to do. The trolley to downtown is just steps away. The morning breakfast was good, with a nice choice. About what you get at most hotel morning free breakfasts. Will definitely go back.

Room tip: River side rather than hill side
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank _snyderdennis_1
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Good
The front desk welcomed me and thanked me for my membership status. The hotel, room, and bathroom were clean. The room and bathroom were very spacious and the bathroom has good counter space. There was an ethernet cable already plugged into the wall jack and the cable passed through a weight on the table top that kept the pc-end tip in place. The front desk called to make sure everything was alright. A nice touch. The early coffee before breakfast was hot, but could be hotter. The breakfast is standard items that are hot and replaced quickly.
Bad
The hotel promotes towel reuse, which is fine. The problem is no towel bars in the bathroom to hang up washrags and towels to dry overnight. The only way is to hang everything over the shower curtain rod, which is inadequate for a family of three or more. I and my wife went to the front desk the next morning and I said I had a strong suggestion regarding towel reuse, which was to install towel bars in the bathroom for drying. The front desk person’s attitude changed to stone cold and seeming indifference. She said the hotel was built to standard specifications, but she would tell the manager. I and my wife both detected the immediate attitude change and that seems to us to be poor guest relations. Most, if not all, HIEs are franchises, so that gives the hotel owner leeway to add enhancements over and above the standard construction design. The hotel owner could encourage this washrag and towel reuse with three or more towel racks in the bathrooms.

Room tip: Try to get a room that faces the harbor, not the noisy front street.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gerald G
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Nice place. Great lobby decor. (This we know, for we were stuck there 3 hours.) Great breakfast area. Great views. But front desk was not helpful when they said to just wait a bit for our room and that "they were working on it"... The problem was, it was a 3 HOUR WAIT ! I kept checking back, yet when I began to protest, they were dismissive & defensive. The better front desk choice might have been to say ""Gosh . So sorry. We were sold out last night and housekeeping is working as fast as they can. Why don't you come back at 3 p.m. and all be be well... because then I could have ENJOYED ASTORIA by walking the streets, visiting the art galleries, shopping, adding to the economy, seeing the new restaurants, generally enjoying the ambiance of the area. Instead, we sat, and sat, staring at the lobby walls, believing the front desk - hook, line and sinker that the room would be soon ready. So some staff on front desk need to communicate far better. Kudos, nevertheless, to the great breakfast team who kept the area pristine, and to Mike and Brittney, better front desk people than the other, and to the night lady, a sweet local gal. She gave me her sympathies for the drawn out check-in.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kickitat23
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Other reviewers are correct in their review of this place -- its clean, comfortable, and located in a good spot in Astoria. We enjoyed 3 nights here and found the place to be very good. Our room overlooked the bridge and we enjoyed both the sunsets and sun rises. We could see ships going along the Columbia. Outside, we could stroll on the Riverwalk to nearby wharf and shops. Plenty of free parking. The morning breakfast was typical Holiday Inn but generous and we appreciated it.

Our room, with 2 queen beds was very large and spacious so we enjoyed the extra room. Fridge and microwave worked and the wifi was great.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ECL
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This hotel is located directly under the Megler Bridge which goes from the Oregon side to the Washington side. Lots of traffic all day and night long. We were located on the side closest to the bridge and the traffic noise was intense, at times. The hotel and room was nicely set-up. The breakfast was good - with lots of offerings.

Room tip: Select a room on the far side of the bridge - as far away as possible from the Megler Bridge.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family