“Awesome Menu”
Review of Cask & Grain

Cask & Grain
Reserve with OpenTable
Cask & Grain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #525 of 2,198 Restaurants in Baltimore
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Upscale farm to table fine dining restaurant. I had the bison which was excellent. The pistachio ice cream is a 10/10!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

After reading the reviews I decided it was worth a try even though some reviews were negative. My wife and I thought the wines by the glass were very good and inexpensive. We started with the cream of mussel soup and it was seasoned just right and not too creamy. The mussels were delicious and didn't encounter a single bad mussel. The stuffed quail paired well with the mushrooms and sauce. The seared scallops were large and were perfectly cooked. The service was excellent! The only negative was the pear cobbler with a very doughy top crust and fruit a bit too sweet. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

My family and I went to Cask & Grain in Canton last night for my sons' birthday dinner. All 6 of us loved our meals. Our server, Jillian, was amazing. I have never had a server who so eloquently described the dishes. When asked about specifics (for example, several of us do not like fennel/licorice flavor, so we questioned the intensity of this ingredient in a few dishes) and Jillian described in such detail, that it was almost like she had JUST had a bite of each dish questioned. She was attentive, friendly and welcoming. I had the rockfish, which was cooked perfectly and yummy, though the quinoa accompanying it was a bit on the sweet side for me. Short rib dish was delicious too, as well as the quail and the other dishes.
We are a self professed foodie family, as 2 of the 6 are culinary arts graduates and working in a local French restaurant, so for this group of 6 to unanimously vote to return to a restaurant is QUITE THE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Bravo!
Very nice beer/bar selection, too! And Jillian was adept at describing these, as well!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

In and out in 30 minutes and $100 poorer for the fare, which was decent but far from exceptional. Definitely not what we had envisioned for an evening out. If you're in the area give it a try but I would not make a special trip (as we did) for it.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My wife and I went there on a cool evening: we both had the quail. It was excellent, as were her oysters and my Mussel soup. The fig cake was good and chocolate. Good service, nice atmosphere. We went early (630) and it was quiet.