All reviewsvalet parkinggreat locationfront deskpresident streetshot towernice hotelwithin walking distanceport discoverychildren's museumpower plantlittle italy and fells pointcrab cakesthe breakfast areafree breakfaststayed here for one nightmake your own wafflesvalet staff
Reviewed 17 June 2016

The hotel is in walking distance to Inner Harbor and 1 block away from the Power Plant Live. It's on the corner of a very busy street, but even though our room was on the second floor facing it, we didn't hear any street noise at night.
The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was good sized. It was very hot when we stayed there and the AC in the room worked extremely well. The FREE WiFi worked really good and the FREE breakfast had something for everyone with hot and cold items. To my surprise the 24/7 coffee was really good and not just "brown water".
Yes, the elevators were a bit slow, but since they operate on a pully system (it's a green property) I can overlook this. And there are stairs right next to the elevator, so there is that.
Smokers FYI: There is a nice little courtyard right next to the breakfast room, but since some in our party were smokers, we couldn't use it (smoke free property) and instead were sitting outside the hotel on the ONE lonely table. In all fairness, I believe the table belonged to the onsite bar/restaurant. Note to hotel - maybe put a bench or table and chairs by the designated smoking area since the Valet service is moving vehicles right away anyways.
Yes - only Valet parking (I believe $35) at the hotel, but they did an awesome job.

The one thing which knocked the score down to a 4 was that there was NO fridge in the room. Seriously? I haven't stayed in a hotel without a mini-fridge in a long time.
All in all, the location made up for this and we will stay at this property again when we are back in Baltimore.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Grace S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

COchill,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your feedback is truly appreciated. I am certain the details provided will help travelers make the best choice to suite their needs traveling to Baltimore.

I agree, mini refrigerators in all rooms would be a great addition to the hotel. I will be sure to share this with my ownership team as we plan some upgrades to the hotel.

Thanks again for sharing! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in the Baltimore area!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I was a little skeptical at first because I never stayed at a Fairfield Inn. To my surprise from the moment we checked-in everything went perfect. The staff was extremely nice and pleasant. The rooms were amazingly cozy and comfortable. The food was great. The Tavern was a wonderful experience as well. Monique at the Tavern was amazing. She added the most fun to our stay. She was extremely pleasant and helpful. I will definitely be coming back to stay! Great job Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear jcw303,

Thank you for the 5 star review! How awesome to read that we were your first Fairfield Inn experience and everything went "perfect"! We appreciate the kind words and the shout out to Monique.

Please be sure to stay with us again in one our "amazingly cozy and comfortable" rooms the next time your travels bring you to the Baltimore area!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

The rooms are very spacious. Parking is absolutely hideous. Valet parking is very expensive, but the attendants are very pleasant. The front dress staff was very professional and attentive. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I preferred the last eft side. It only had ten rooms per floor.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Mina J,

Thank you for your feedback. Parking can be an expensive add-in when staying in most cities. It is important for travelers to know that parking is $35 per night as we do not own and operate our own lot. We are glad this did not tarnish your visit and hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for mentioning the pleasant service that was provided by our valet and front desk team members.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This establishment should be shut down. Early flight- chain rewards member, why not, only a few hours of our lives, right? Wrong. Clearly in a last-sell room. Horrible disgusting room with blood on the wall outside the door (photo attached), and the sound of a loud family and the loud washing machines in the room behind our bed... All giving me the worst stress induced headache... The sheets are so filthy we are fully clothed and have put towels down- draped the pillow with sweatshirts. This is an absolute nightmare and the ownership / management should be ashamed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank souper456

Dear souper456,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your experience was not enjoyable and would love to gain more information in an attempt to make it right.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in downtown Baltimore last week. What a great location. It's right in the heart of the city - an easy walk to attractions and restaurants. With its central location, its also easy get to your destination, no matter which side of the city it's on. I arrived quite late, which is not always the best when it comes to service. I must say my valet and the young lady at the front desk were cheerful and helpful, despite the fact that it was almost midnight! I have another overnight business trip planned for later this summer, and will definitely make my reservation here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Grace S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

MsMiller2015,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! We are happy that you found our location to be convenient to local attractions and restaurants. There is so much to do and see in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, walking is usually the best way to get there.

Thank you for mentioning our valet and front desk teams. Our associates are always ready to help and take pleasure in assisting all guests. We are happy that our evening team members provided a better service experience than expected.

We look forward to welcoming you back this summer!