“Terrific Food in a Unique and Funky Atmosphere”
Review of Papermoon Diner

Papermoon Diner
Ranked #71 of 2,105 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Three generations of our family plus two friends enjoyed brunch last Sunday morning at the Papermoon Diner. The restaurant is split in two with the kitchen area between the dining areas. We never saw the opposite side, but are guessing that it is pretty much the same as the side where we were seated. The space is quite full of tables, but it in no way detracted from our experience. The decor nearly defies description and really must be experienced in person. Let's just leave it by saying that dolls and mannequins figure largely throughout as does the single largest collection of PEZ dispensers that I have ever seen. The wait staff were very friendly and professional and successfully served nine of us without any mixups in orders...a good sign since a group is frequently a recipe for disaster...not so at the Papermoon. We ordered a variety of breakfast and lunch items. All were served at the same time, and all were hot when they reached our tables (it took two tables to seat all of us). My wife had the grilled chicken with bacon, cheese and avocado and was only able to eat one half of the serving. The fries were also very good. I enjoyed the Blueberry pancakes immensely! Whatever flour was used, they didn't turn to mush when you took a bite, but stayed fluffy yet substantial with each forkful. The bacon was prepared perfectly for my taste. It was firm, but not brittle and flat with little excess fat. Perhaps it was baked??? However it was cooked, it was a really nice combination of sweet and salt - Yum! The coffee was rich and not at all bitter...but the restaurant was so busy that a pot never had a chance to sit for long before it was empty. The only negative to be noted was that the eggs with the Eggs Benedict were hard poached and not soft as per most Benedict presentations. However, the menu did clearly state that the yokes were firm, so diners should have been forewarned. We all will eagerly return to the Papermoon at the first opportunity. It has already been dubbed "My favorite restaurant in Baltimore" by at least half of our family group. It's fun for the entire family!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I work near Baltimore, but rarely go into Baltimore unless it's for a concert or similar. This is a favorite stop on the way to events and such. Good food (large portions, too) and the decorations are always worth seeing.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Kitschy - yes, that's the word. I was prepared for the unusual, but was blown away by this wonderful place. It's Chuckie Cheese on steroids. So much eye candy - so many weird, wonderful things to look at. I understand that they close one day a week just to have the place dusted. When walking in, I said, I am pretty sure that I am in Pee Wee's dream playhouse.

I loved my experience. The menu was pretty cool. I loved my meal, but the decor - the feeling, it was super cool. Like a rainbow full of brick-a-brack waiting, no, exploding.

Give this place a try. You will not be disappointed nor bored. If you are a visitor to Baltimore, I recommend this more than any fancy, top shelf place. It is just plain fun.

To the food, I had a cranberry turkey sandwich which was legit. I ate every bite. Didn't come with fries, those were separate so I shared with someone else at the table. Delightful. Prices were coll as well. There are about 6 other things I would like to try on the menu. Hopefully my travels will take me back and I will.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I went to this diner for breakfast and wow what a wonderful place it was. The food was delicious and the service was great. The décor was out of this world, toys and old dolls, it really took me back to my childhood.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Was happy to introduce a friend in her 80's to Papermoon today and she loved it -- food, service, and decor. Paper Moon continues to be a favorite for my family and me. Something for everyone on the diner-style menu, reasonable prices, very good service, and the decor never fails to entertain and elicit some laughs.