“Eclectic Mix”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Funky environment of a jazzed up crazy quilt of space. Some spooky looking dolls hanging on the walls plus Pez dispensers galore and a bunch of other odds and ends hanging all over the place. Decent grub. Nice selection for all. Great shakes. Service was slightly inattentive, but happy to serve you.

2  Thank Westiex

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I have been a loyal guest at paper moon since i lived in remington back in 05. It was quirky unique and fun and laid back with way above avg food and good happy service. Well for various life reasons its been close to a year since I last visited the place but we were there for brunch about a week ago and it was as if EVERYTHING but the decore changed. We were intially seated near the bar, which was no big deal cuz they were packed and hopping. Just before we were ready to order they asked if we could move to another table not as close to the bar as one had opened up. We shrugged and said sure. We moved to the new table and started to get comfy then placed our orders from the ring binder menus (the menus covered by old kids books were gone) the menu itself was about the same. So no issue there, or so we thought. When the food came one persons eggs benedict still had half a shells worth of egg shells in it, the coke was flat, the food itself lacked flavor and the vie of the place overal was GONE. Then as soon as we paid our tab, which was dropped as soon as the entres wer bitten into, the "floor manage" we assume started shifting tables next to ours so they were all connected for an obvious incoming group, despite the fact that we WERE STILL SEATED AND HADNT LEFT OUR TABLE YET! and one of us had to scrunch along the wall to get out. I HAD been a loyal customer for over a decade but I dont care if I ever set foot in that place again. We have way too many other options now in Baltimore. Old Papermoon is dead.

1  Thank Joel_in_MD
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

What first attracted me to this place was the out-of-this-world exterior - so Fauve and playful! As I rode by as a passenger in a car, I craned my neck to see what it was. When I saw that it was a diner I knew I had to get there no matter what before I left Baltimore. I went for breakfast on my way to the airport and am so glad I did! This place is a feast for the eyes and the palette. They have a full menu with a good variety of dishes and desserts and the portions are hearty. The food is fresh, tasty, and moderately priced. I had a nice, fluffy omelette with multigrain toast and my partner in crime had the braised pork hash special. We were both fat and happy when we walked out, licking our lips of the whipped cream from the Maple Bacon shake that was AMAZING. There were two of us and we had breakfast and about a 12oz milkshake for $42.00.

1  Thank Amore B
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Walking into this place is like walking into memories from my childhood. It was wonderful to look at the decor while deciding on the menu.

The selection of food was very good and I had the Caesar salad with salmon which was delicious even today when I finished the other half. Yum.

My daughter had a portabella and goat cheese salad which she loved and I tasted just to see if next time I want to get it and that was also delicious.

Service was fabulous and there was no wait. Five stars for this great place.

1  Thank dbbohner
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

How those folks can work for the owner of the place and yet retain an amazingly positive attitude is a testament to how wonderful they are. And let me tell u...the staff is really friendly. We always enjoy chatting with them.

And the place is awesome. Freaky. Fun.

And the food is fabulous! Really excellent meal and served up in an extensive menu.

We have been several times but never interacted with the owner until last weekend. Wow! One of the most unpleasant people I've ever paid to make me, my family and my friends feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

The way she spoke to her staff and to us when our toddler dropped food on the ground was unforgivable. It ruined the experience and ensured that we never again will be found in that establishment. And that is too bad because it's unique and truly distinct.

My final vote: avoid.