“Excellent food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Wolfe & Washington
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Darbar for the first time and the food was excellent. We had a pander dish a d tried the okra.They got the heat level just right. We also ordered lamb xocatal?, and the lamb was so tender we loved it. They have a decent wine by the glass selection and the prices were very reasonable. We will be back for more.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

My wife and I ordered (2) mango lassi, sweet naan bread and vegetable samosas. We ordered it for takeout and they told us that it will be ready in 20 minutes. Everything cost $25 which we thought was kinda pricey but we decided that if it taste good, we'll be happy. But that was not the case, we didn't enjoy the food and I'm glad that we didn't decide on other more dishes. We've tried other Indian restaurants in the city that was much better than Darbar.

1  Thank Bevon
Reviewed 5 December 2014

I knew I will have to be in Baltimore that evening, so after a quick search on Tripadvisor I singled Darbar out based on the good reviews. Even though the number of reviews was relatively low, what got my attention was the fact that most of them were very positive. The lowest rating was "average", and 70% of the reviews was "Excellent" and "Very Good". I reserved a seat for me and my wife using their online reservation system (FYI - nice website withe detailed menu), but had no problem getting a table on a cold winter Thursday night. The street is not very inviting, but the neighborhood is safe. Once inside the restaurant the atmosphere is welcoming, warm and intimate. The first thing that hits you is the wonderful smell of fresh-made Indian food that was almost like music for my senses. Next is the genuine honest and hospitable manners of the hostess and the waiters that made us feel welcome instantly.The menu had many choices, and we decided to get the "Traditional Tahali" which was a vegetarian platter with a large assortment of different dishes including Samosa, rice and the desert. Since we both got the same thing - they allowed us to pick and choose different dish samplers for each platter, and we ended up with almost all of the vegetarian samples of the dishes on the menu! What amazed us was that every single dish tasted completely different than the other (there were at least 9 different dishes between the two of us), and they were ALL delicious! We love Indian food and we think we know what's good and what's not, and this was GOOD! We enjoyed the food, the people, the atmosphere - and the bill was not close to what you think you'd be paying for such an experience. What more could someone asked for? Thanks for everything, and now we'll have to find an excuse to go to Baltimore and go back to Darbar for more...

1  Thank Mavriki
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Love Indian and Darbar didn't disappoint. Princess parking, but it was Thanksgiving after all. Spotless service, nice wine choices, meals were delicious and the place has a mom-n-pop feeling.

There are only two places I'd eat Indian in town. This is the other.

2  Thank DxVxD
Reviewed 30 November 2014

We came here to Fell's Point for the lunch buffet on Thanksgiving day, delighted to discover a free restaurant parking lot across the street. This is a small restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins. The buffet consisted of nearly a dozen hot offerings - lamb, fish, chicken tikka and tandoori and three vegetarian options, basmati rice and two desserts, naan and an assortment of sauces and relishes, Service was super - our water glasses were filled frequently. A full bar is available.