“Great Ambiance, Okay Food...”
Review of XS

XS
Ranked #729 of 2,219 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I've never been to XS before, but I've heard many good things about them. Me and some friend's went very recently to celebrate a bridal shower. I didn't know whatvto expect, because as another reviewer said, it looked small on the outside. Walking in changed everything. The architecture was amazing. I was pleased with that part. Our waitresses were sweethearts and catered to everything we needed. The drink menu was intriguing. One waitress suggested what she said tasted like a Christmas drink. I believe it was fireball whiskey, cranberry juice and seltzer. It was delicious! Almost like drinking Big Red chewing gum. I ordered the Firecracker Roll, which I thought was going to be out of this world. It was not. It definitely was not worth 13 dollors. 8, maybe. I believe you get 8 pieces or so. I'll be back definitely because of the scenery....and maybe to try their breakfast. I heard it was pretty good! =)

Reviewed 12 July 2015

I love XS! It is like a hidden jewel in Baltimore. I love their breakfast. The french toasts are big and full of flavor. I went recently and my friend wanted her waffle to be cooked very well done. They did not get it correct the first time but the waitress made sure to get it just as she wanted it. Customer service is amazing here.

1  Thank Ohaske
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

At first glance, I wasn't sure I would enjoy this restaurant. From the outside it looks pretty small but once you're in, it's more spacious than it looks. The ambiance is gorgeous! And the sushi was great!

1  Thank Reeta J
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Went here for a friend’s birthday. Sushi was just normal and price was alright. word words words words.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

If you are hungry and you find yourself in Charles Street, in Baltimore, near University of Baltimore you will find this great place to eat - XS. It has three levels and also outdoor seating during season.
They are best known for their sushi which is really delicious (try the tempura and dragon roll if you like crispier, more spicy stuff) but also their paninis (my favorite is the veggie one, in spite of the fact that I love meat, but trust me, this one is the best). The service is good although they might be a bit busy especially after university starts, and the atmosphere is very friendly. They also have good cookies and cakes on the first level (you can pick from the window) although a bit pricey. But the food is not expensive and it's really worth trying.

1  Thank Diana C