“Good breakfast in a beautiful space!”

David and Dad's Cafe
Ranked #240 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had a nice, basic breakfast here. Food was very good for the price and the space is really pretty, a former bank building I believe (?) Friendly service too.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I stopped by here for breakfast on my way to work one day; just to grab something quickly. I ordered a breakfast sandwich with relatively low expectations, because usually when I order breakfast sandwiches they taste like they were just heated in the microwave.

I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a buttermilk biscuit and it was buttery, velvety, and so delicious. I love breakfast, so this is high praise coming from me. I think the biscuit is what really did the trick though. I believe they're homemade, and they're square and rather large, so it more easily contains all the eggy, cheesy goodness. Also, I appreciated how they don't skimp out on the eggs so that there was a good biscuit-egg ratio (and then I could eat a couple bites of egg that fell out of my sandwich when I ate it -- I don't mind that).

The building is also beautiful, so I would definitely support this business and stop by for a bite to eat again.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We were looking for something a little better than MacD’s but not as expensive as our hotels restaurant. This was pretty good. However you order at the counter and they bring it to you. Our breakfast order came with cold potatoes just as another reviewer reported. We had to have them heat them up. Other than that, I do believe this was a good choice for breakfast in the area. Not really a lot of choice within walking distance.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I got a new job right around the corner from David and Dads in April of 2017. Since then, I have regularly stopped in and bought lunch from here. Everything that I've had from here, I've loved and has tasted great. I always call in my lunch order before picking it up, because the place definitely gets busy around lunch time, and that way I can just zip right on in and pick my lunch up from the carry out register and not have to worry about the lines.

The staff is always super friendly and accommodating. I've actually eaten inside the restaurant once, and the staff there pretty much just bring you your food and clean up your dirty dishes, other than that, they really don't wait on you.

But I've eaten here almost once a week for a year and I'm not sick of it yet. :-) It may also be important to note that they do have a specials menu on their website and you can get some pretty great meals for very cheap if it pops up on there.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on Yelp's four star review. There is no wait service so you stand to order which was fine. My eggs were cooked well, but the potatoes were almost cold with at least one piece of potato that was barely cooked. The toast was over buttered and the bacon seemed to have been done in a microwave. The coffee was tasty and the service was good.