“Elegant, Classy, Welcoming Home. Nothing Compares...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Stephen_S...
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“Elegant, Classy, Welcoming Home. Nothing Compares to the Whitman.”
Reviewed 20 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I have been in 7 weddings in the last 18 months. Each had their own flair, beautiful setting, and excellent accommodations. To say that the Whitman also provided these things is a disservice to what I experienced this past weekend in Savannah. I have never seen Savannah's historic side from such a well-maintained home. This house is absolutely gorgeous and really does encompass the feel of midtown Savannah. There are ornate mantles, hidden rooms, updated finishes, and a completely modern (yet classy) kitchen. I was taken aback by the setting and the staff was absolutely top notch (they will work with you to cater to any and everything you need). Also, make sure you get the salmon, it is the best I have ever had in my entire life. Overall this was the greatest wedding experience I have had thus far, and the setting at the Whitman was the kicker that really pushed the weekend over the top.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hideaway room was a neat touch to an already outstanding property.
Liked least: I can honestly say that not a single negative item struck me at the Whitman.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
deborah c
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 25 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We were fortunate enough to be invited to stay at The Whitman for a spring wedding. Beautiful home, impeccable attention to detail. Superb customer service, a hands-on home owner, very accommodating. Lovey location, right across the street from a large, public park. Lots of room for adults, kids & pets. Even with a group you can find nooks & crannies to socialize or enjoy a private moment. A very pleasant stay in Savannah. Real luxury & a memorable visit. Highly recommended as a venue to celebrate a special occasion.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Rhemali
San Francisco, California
“More Than I Dreamed Of”
Reviewed 1 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

You're probably reading this review because you are thinking of staying here or having a function at The Whitman. Trust me when I say....book it now!!!

Our family of 16 stayed here on the weekend my son got married. The house is more gorgeous than the pictures show. Every detail was thought of and we wanted for nothing. The location is perfect.

We had 2 parties catered here....the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. I'm seriously a little emotional as I write this part, because of the staff. Bob (Manager), Rocky, Samantha (Bob's wife), Becca, Steve (owner)........incredible people. They made the weekend perfect. When you rent a home, you kind of know what it'll be like from the description and the pictures. But you never know about the management or owners that come with it. I met Bob and Rocky on Thursday when we moved in for the weekend. When we left on Sunday, they were family. The parties they catered were phenomenal. Food was delicious and I became a hero for throwing a great party when I didn't do any of the work.

Do not hesitate to book The Whitman. And when you do, know that there is a woman in California very jealous that you will be staying there before i get the chance to get back.

Liked best: The staff
Liked least: The stairs
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Kimstat
“I would give it 10 stars if I could”
Reviewed 23 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Impeccable!!!! First-class all the way! Everything from the accommodations to the food and service was amazing!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
m6s3
Carmel. Indiana
“Exceptional experience”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Our family stayed at The Whitman with my niece who was getting married. We had 15-20 people stay overnight for 3 nights. The property is, meticulously, maintained. The renovations were exceptional. One of the owners, Steve, spared no expense or detail when renovating.

We had the wedding rehearsal and a Sunday brunch at the property as well. Bob, another owner, catered both events. The food and staff were fantastic. Bob and his staff are professional, fun and detailed.

If you have an event, or just want to enjoy Savannah with friends, The Whitman should be at the top of your list for a place to stay. You will not regret this decision!

We have made new friends, Steve, Bob, Jake and Samantha, at The Whitman!!! Thanks for making our event a memory that we will never forget!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property and staff.
Liked least: Parking
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing