Savannah Garden Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$159
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn(Savannah)
US$249
US$291
US$240
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsice machineroom was cleanfront deskcurtainsrefrigeratortvdowntown
Reviewed 16 October 2017

There are always several guys standing on balconies or staircases, making phone calls or talking among themselves. They probably aren't evaluating every newcomer vehicle to the property but it's logical to have that impression. I imagine many prospective customers are immediately turned off by that aspect alone. I'm a gambler and understand applied probability, so it didn't bother me. I actually had a nice conversation with one of those guys a day later.

Exterior is old and basic but they have obviously devoted lots of time and funds to interior renovations. The room itself was fine with newly paneled flooring and classy beddings. That feature photo on Trip Advisor is quite representative.

I always appreciate a refrigerator and microwave since I eat many meals in the room while traveling. Some hotels technically have those items but don't really care about them so they fall apart and often don't work. At this hotel both were in excellent condition. The refrigerator was more spacious than most.

My bathroom door in room 129 was old and didn't stay shut. Otherwise the shower was fine, in fact superior to one in a fancy Williamsburg timeshare from the prior week.

There is one ice machine in the middle of the property. Better than most.

The night desk employee didn't remember me one hour after checking in, when I asked about the location of that ice machine.

That was a turn off but the housekeeping staff more than made up for it the next day. I was zonked after days of pushing matters so I watched football and didn't leave the room until beyond 2:30 PM. I never expected the room to be made upon return, but it was.

There is no "Do Not Disturb" sign. I saw several rooms whose occupants had manufactured their own version of that and hung it on the door handle.

Location is near a military airport but it wasn't a problem. I would advise trying to get a room far away from the adjacent 4-lane road, which is heavily traveled and noisy.

Do a U turn on that road heading left away from the property and there are major malls and stores at a prominent intersection within a few tenths of a mile. I spied a Golden Corral and nicely stuffed myself one night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Savannah Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I see that you enjoyed your stay but had a few inconveniences. I would like to start by sincerely apologizing for these inconveniences, such as the bathroom door. I will pass your comments onto the correct team members to ensure that they are corrected. We look forward to serving you once again in the very near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had one night booked with them on our way to Florida for vacation, but had to cancel our trip south because of hurricane Irma. Our airline managed to put us in a flight back home so we had to cancel our night with them. Since we'd seen on Booking that they charged cancellation fee, we tried calling to explain the situation: we were cancelling because of the evacuations happening with the hurricane, not because we were a no-show. We tried calling several times but nobody answered the phone. We tried contacting them via Booking before cancelling, but received no reply. We finally cancelled and got charged the full price of the night anyway. I can't believe a local business like this would be willing to benefit from a serious situation like a hurricane. They've made money out of it while we've had to cancel our whole trip without even reaching Savannah. All our other hotels, our rental car and other activities we had booked have either refunded our money or cancelled for free. This is the only place which hasn't even responded to our attempts to explain ourselves but has happily kept our money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Savannah Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I greatly urge you to call the hotel again at (912) 351-9755. Due to the hurricane things have been very crazy, and we apologize. We appreciate your candid feedback and have used it to improve and provide a better experience for our guests. We hope you will give us a chance to change your opinion in the future.

The team at Savannah Garden Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Nice large room
Pretty bedspread, carpet and curtains
Clean and modern looking
Name-Brand TV, accepts HDMI
Desk to work at with comfy big chair and lots of space
Wooden floor panels in bathroom and part of living area
Stylish cupboard with marble-looking top
Sink nook also has a marble look
Very stylish lamps
Instead of just a boring old bible an actual book in the room as well
Nice choice of art on the walls
Helpful and friendly staff
Blow dryer was broken, but upon informing the staff someone came to exchange it with in less than five minutes

Some staff members do not speak English, they will wave you along to the next person who does
No pool, no breakfast

Room Tip: Couldn't say, only stayed in one room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Savannah Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Kai,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! We are happy to hear that we were able to provide you with all the amenities in your room that made for a comfortable stay. Thank you for your feedback and please know we appreciate your comments. Thanks once again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I reserved my room through a third party, then read the reviews. I was hoping it was a good hotel after reading the reviews, and it was!
They are definitely fixing up the hotel. The room was clean & decorated nicely. The front desk was great at check in. Housekeeper was awesome! Even the landscape! I just wish the water was a little hotter but I will make up for that when I get home!
Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MasterkeyHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a kind feedback on your recent stay.
It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees. We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in savannah. and hope we can prove our high standard of hospitality again.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I checked into this hotel in the middle of the night, after leaving another hotel that I was dissatisfied with. The room was very clean and the décor was beautiful. Some of the other guests made me feel a little uneasy, as they appeared to be intoxicated and/or on drugs. But, I locked the door, cranked up the AC and got a good night's sleep. My only other complaint was the absence of a coffee maker.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Masterkeyusa, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy.
I apologize about you feeling uneasy due to other guests but am happy you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to serving you again!