“Underwhelmed and not worth the hype”
Review of Husk Restaurant

Husk Restaurant
Reserve a table
Mon, 19/04
20:00
Ranked #118 of 835 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Description: Centrally located in the heart of Savannah’s Landmark Historic District, Husk, from The Neighborhood Dining Group, transforms the essence of Southern food and highlights the unique ingredients of coastal Georgia. The kitchen reinterprets the bounty of the surrounding area, exploring an ingredient-driven cuisine that begins in the rediscovery of heirloom products and redefines what it means to cook and eat in Savannah.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Underwhelmed and not worth the hype, we had been unable to secure a reservation to Husk during our 3 nights in Charleston. Fortunately, as we intimated, to get one while in Savannah! We had been prepped by mutual friends of both couples in our party, as well as numerous local reviews. It stands in our collective minds as more of a tasting menu, with an emphasis in very small portions with excellent mastery of the bite, but overall underwhelmed. I do have to admit the our drinks were all amazing.Steaks were fine, but very small and you had one option for bread,which you had to purchase, and was not included with the meal.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (435)

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Charming and Superb perfectly describe this beautiful restaurant in historic Savannah. The service is superb and friendly. The meal was excellent and my fish was just perfect. Everything was tasty and well prepared. Nice patio and great vibe. This is a must when visiting Savannah.

2  Thank VoxVolpe
Reviewed 24 February 2021

It was a happy moment when we strolled past the menu outside of Husk, Savannah when a particular cocktail caught my eye. The menu looked interesting and we made a mental note that if we could not get into the restaurant that we were going to try to get a reservation for, we would eat here. We were back in time for Happy Hour and had the BEST. BURGER. EVER. period. The cocktails were all interesting, complex and well balanced and the oysters were fresh and divine. Our server was very knowledgeable and made suggestions appropriate to our apparent likes (and level of fullness!). A true farm to table experience, there was a list of local farmers and purveyors just behind the hostess stand. Delicious, fresh food, well priced for the quality. We will be back!

Reviewed 21 February 2021

We had visited the Husk restaurant in Charleston and while in Savannah we thought we would visit this location. Lovely setting, good service but it just didn't have the same ambiance and WOW factor that the Charleston location had. The food was average...nothing to write home about. I would have preferred less melding of tastes and give me some real Southern dishes rather than try to reinvent the wheel. May try another visit but will wait awhile.

Reviewed 14 February 2021

Service is wonderful. The cheese and charcuterie boards were also tasty. The cornbread and sorghum came out in a skillet with butter on the side and I would rate it a 5 it was a nice twist on true southern comfort food.
My rating is based on my entree “Traditional Southern Vegetables”. I was raised in the south and never have (or anyone I know) considered mushrooms a southern vegetable. I am a collard green connoisseur and never have eaten them raw. The beets and squash were good but neither were cooked traditionally.
The ambiance is cozy and service outstanding. However, if you are desiring a true taste of traditional Southern cuisine I would not suggest the Traditional southern vegetables.