Super 8 Savannah
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Scottish Inns(Savannah)
Sleep Inn(Savannah)
1,382 results
All reviewsroom was cleandowntown savannahwaffle makerminute drivecoffee tablefirst floorbiscuits and gravysitting areagreat rateking roomthe breakfast arearooms are largecontinental breakfastwould definitely stay here againpleasant staygreat roommotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I specifically stayed at this motel because of the reviews from TripAdvisor. I think that the reviews are accurate for the most part, but as someone who has stayed at all different classes/pricepoints of lodging, I can say that many of them aren't detailed enough for me at this point. I hope to offer a more detailed review here.

The lobby is rather inviting, well lit and decorated. We told the gentleman at the front desk (I assume one of the owners) about our reasons for choosing their hotel, and he thanked us for doing so. They have it well marked on the front door and front desk that they are proud of their TripAdvisor rating.

Our first issue was getting into the elevator. Apparently, most recent guests never looked up when entering the elevator, as the ceiling tiles were VERY dirty, and it appeared as if there was a 2 inch dead carcass of something up there as well. We weren't bold enough to look closer.

Our second issue was that I had booked this reservation on southwest.com and had booked a King bed. The room we received was a double, so we had to go back downstairs to get a new room. The front desk gentleman was on the phone, so it was done very matter-of-factly. Not really a big deal.

Our King room was well appointed, it seemed newer and spacious. The only thing I'd like to have had in the room that wasn't available, was conditioner (or at least a 2-in-1 shampoo) and an exhaust fan in the bathroom. It wasn't really a big deal when traveling with my fiancee, but when you travel with people you aren't as close to, you'd rather not hear their bodily functions when sharing hotel space. The flat screen TV was a nice touch for a budget motel.

The bed was quite comfortable as well, and the sheets didn't strongly smell of bleach, like I normally find at the same price range in other hotel/motels. Pillows weren't fantastic, but they did the job, and weren't overly lumpy or feathery. (note - I can't stand feather pillows) There were some loud children a few doors down from us, and we heard every last sob of the children until they finally went to sleep. Needless to say, the walls aren't exactly thick, so bring earplugs or a sedative if you're a light sleeper.

The internet worked well compared to other places, not too sluggish, not too fast. About as expected for the price point.

The breakfast area was very nice looking, and offered pretty much the basics of most hotels in the price range - a few pastries, breads, waffles, cereals, juices, etc. Nothing too outlandish. Breakfast ended at 9am though. They do this because they know most people don't wake up in time, and can still offer the "free breakfast" as an amentity. It's not unique to them, it's an industry-wide beef I have. (no pun intended)

The location is ideal for stop-over traffic on I-95, but is somewhat inconvenient for people wanting to circumnavigate the Savannah downtown/historic districts, as it's about a 15-20 minute drive each way. That's not bad if you're driving a hybrid, but stinks if you plan to drink at all. The cops in Savannah had multiple checkpoints set up the weekend we were there (right before Valentine's Day), so take that as a piece of advice.

Overall, despite the elevator ceiling filth and other quirks noted, this was still the very best Super 8 I've ever stayed at. Had I not read all the reviews and just stayed here on a whim, I would say it's light years above the other hotels in the chain. To be fair though, I don't believe this is the #10 best hotel in the Savannah area. However, one could argue that it's the best value for the price and location received.

2  Thank TheOS75
super8savannah, General Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear TripAdvisor Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule and giving us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We would like you know that your feedback concerning our hotel and your experience is extremely valuable. We will utilize your response in continuing to provide quality customer service so that every guest experience will be the best it can be.

Your feedback was greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that you choose our property for your future accommodations.

Again, thank you for providing us feedback on your stay and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 912-925-6996.

Prakash Patel
K&S Hospitality, LLC

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel had all the requirements of a pleasant stay - clean, comfortable and quiet. Our room was large with a comfortable bed, flat panel TV, and good wifi. It has an elevator which is not always the case with Super 8. It is billed as the "Pride of Super 8" and deservedly so. Although about 15 minutes from the Historic District of Savannah, it is an easy commute. There are many restaurants and fast food places nearby as well as a small Outlet Mall within walking distance. The front desk staff were pleasant and we will definitely stay again.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed here after reading the other reviews on trip advisor on our way back to ny.
It was such a nice surprise to find how spacious and clean the room was. There was a flat screen tv with cable including hbo. When we left in the morning we stopped by the free breakfast and were once again pleasantly surprised. They had coffee, tea, juice, Danishes, english muffins, bread, cereal, fruit, and Belgian waffles.
Overall for the low price and location we couldn't have been happier with our choice.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We drive from NJ to Florida several times a year and we like to Stop in Savannah, Georgia. We have a dog, so our selection is limited. Finally we found a hotel that is clean and economical! The room was clean and it had a little sitting room on the side. What I really liked was they don't have those disgusting blankets. They have nice fluffy comforters with the runner at the bottom of the bed. The beds were comfortable and the gal at the front desk was really friendly! Stay here, you won't regret it. They also have a really nice breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had read the positive reviews of this unit, but was unsure. Booked it for two nights anyway. It is a really nice place for the price ( $ 65/ night ).

The rooms are actually mini-suites that are clean, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast is about what you would expect: small, but enough to get you going.

We drove into the historic district in about 15 - 20 minutes, so staying out aways was no big deal.

The only negative was that WiFi was very weak and sporadic.

I would stay here again. It's a good value.

• Stayed: February 2012