“Sample to your heart's content”

Savannah Bee Company
Book In Advance
More Info
US$80.00*
and up
Historical Drinking Tour of Savannah
Ranked #1 of 90 Shopping in Savannah
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There was a honey bar and you can sample each flavor. When you do, you really understand the intricacies in flavor of the different types of honey.

Came here especially for the tupelo honey. I got the carry-on approved size of 3oz for $7.50 as well as the tupelo royal jelly body butter in 1.65 oz for $14.95. This latter one I had to get from their Broughton Street store as they were out at the River St location. Was tempted to get the body butter in the 6.7 oz for $26.95 but I'm doing only carry-on...

You can also sample of a flight of mead at both stores.

Some of the products are sold at the Savannah Hilton Head airport for slightly more, about $3-$5 depending on item. For example, the tupelo royal jelly butter in 1.65 oz was $19.99 and the 6.7 oz was $29.99. I guess the increase is still cheaper than paying for a checked bag.

Savannah Bee Company, if you're reading this, can you also make a 3 oz size of the royal jelly body butter? The round fat glass jar is cute and all but a slimmer design with thinner glass like the edible tupelo honey in 3 oz jars would make it easier to pack!

All reviews
"for sale"
"food tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2018

What an interesting place to visit; So many great products made with honey, honeycomb, and other elements from bees. Interesting health perspectives on skin care, moisturizing, and homeopathic approaches to both skin care and health care.

I loved the many scents and the deep moisturizing textures of the honey-based creams.

1  Thank 2beans2000
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Mead, honeycomb, honey, beauty products .....!!! I just love this place. Worth every penny!!! They’ve got a fan in me.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the location on Broughton. Our first visit here was on the last stop of our culinary tour. We were given a bit of a history and bee/honey lesson by one of the very knowledgeable worker bees (haha), then provided the opportunity to sample many of their various honeys. So interesting how different the honey tastes when you're sampling one after another. You can really taste a difference! Anyone who visits here can sample with no pressure sales from the staff.

Every associate we came across in this store was extremely friendly and willing to answer questions. The honey comes in different sizes and they also sell "packages" with more than one type making great gifts. There are many varieties that you're sure to find one you'll like. They also have skincare products and you can sample those as well. We ended up buying some honey, honeycomb, cheese and hand lotion for ourselves as well as some for gifts.

We made multiple visits to this store while in town. This is definitely a stop you want to make while in Savannah.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2018

This review is for the St. Simon's Island shop. I don't really like honey or bees but my friend loves both so we went inside. She was thrilled to try all dozen kinds of honey. I did try one that was more chocolate than honey and enjoyed that. What really sold me was the mead tasting. I had never heard of mead but after one sip fell in love. I was pleased by all the varieties of mead that we sampled too. The staff giving our tasting was very friendly and knowledgeable.