“Superb Crab Stuffed Flounder”

Fiddler's Crab House
Ranked #150 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This restaurant has excellent Crab Legs and Superb Crab Stuffed Flounder. Request a balcony table for a wonderful view of the Savanna River. We enjoyed our dinner while watching the ships pass just a few hundred feet from our table. Service was fast and friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Fiddler Crab House, Savannah, Georgia was recommended to us by a resident of Savannah and we are very glad that he did.

Fiddler Crab House is afamily style restaurant with an extensive menu and a special dinner for $6 on weekdays. Worn out from a day of touring, we had only the crab soup which was delicious. There are booths and tables, tables without tablecloths, but who needs those when the food is so good? The service was too.

Blessings to the Savannah resident and his very interesting city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The balcony has a nice view of the river. It has heaters so can eat outside even if a little chilly. The gumbo was very good. The oysters rockafeller were excellent. I have had better shrimp and grits. Supposed to have sausage in it and there was only one small piece. Also bacon, one uncooked piece.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good, especially the fried crab starter, but the beer selection was a little sparse. Table service was friendly and efficient. But the best reason to eat here is to sit on the balcony and enjoy the breeze and the sights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and myself have had dinner here a couple of times in the past. My husband really likes the food, I have found the food to be hit or miss. Once is was great and couple of other times it was alright. Sorry in advance this will be a long post.

We were visiting Savannah this weekend for St. Patrick's Day. I know crazy time and all restaurants are going to be busy. On Friday night my husband, myself and some friends decided to go for dinner. I walked up to the two hostesses and one host, ask how long of a wait for five to eat outside. I was told 30 minutes. I gave them my cell number to text me when our table was ready. I was told I would get two text, one to confirm we are on the wait list and one to let me know when the table is ready. After 15 minutes I still had not received my first text. I walked in and asked the young men how much longer the wait was. He told me I was taken of the list because I rejected the first text. I explained to him I did in receive a text. He told me the number that they had and the hostess had put the wrong cell number in. So I asked will how much longer will it be, I was told 30 more minutes, because I had to go back on the wait list. I said fine and waited to receive the first text this time. We waited inside for 5 minutes then walked outside to wait. After 20 minutes I received the second text, I walked inside to the hostess/host station and was told they had sent me that text 17 minutes earlier. I told them I just received the text. They said they sent it a minute after I received the first text, I explained I just received it and was standing inside 5 minutes after I received the first text. The host and hostesses were rude and had an attitude with each interaction I had with them. After a few minutes I left realizing I was getting nowhere with them. We went next door to The Chart House and had a wonderful dinner.

I would like to believe this was a one time event. However, on Saturday my son and his girlfriend went to have dinner and ran into the same problem. They were first told 1 hour, so they went outside to wait. After an hour and 15 minutes they went in to check on there place on the list, because they had not received a text yet and were told they had texted them and they did not show up, so they had to go back on the list and now the wait was 3 hours. Needless to say they had dinner somewhere else that night.

As I said before I understand this was a busy weekend. However, these young adult need to work on there customer service/people skills. Also, I feel they need to adopt a better system for their wait list. Because this system seems to be lacking. I can honestly say we will never go to Fiddler's Crab House again due to the experiences my family and friends had this weekend. Also, I will not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Spinerz4