“A Disappointing Dining Experience”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second visit to the Olde Pink House, and I'm sorry to report that it failed to live up to our previous experience or to the outstanding reputation of this iconic dining establishment. Our dinner reservation was for 9 pm, and we were seated at that time. The serving staff was friendly, but we had to ask for the traditional basket of biscuits. The server who brought our salads left to get a pepper grinder, but never returned. I ordered the flounder, which is a house specialty, prepared and presented in a unique manner. The fish was actually rather tasteless. More apricot shallot sauce would have improved the entrée. My dining companion opted for duck. (She often orders duck, so she knows that particular dish.) She found her entrée to be dry, a very unusual condition for duck. I'm sure we will go back to the Olde Pink House on future visits to Savannah, and hope for a better dining experience next time.

2  Thank DElea60785
Write a ReviewReviews (12,731)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great atmosphere and food to match. Piano bar live entertainment on a Saturday night. Awesome! Decent wine selection and great seafood. I had the scallops and my wife had the salmon... both were excellent. We had the shrimp, crab and sausage appeitiser which was also very good. Make a reservation or be prepared for a long wait.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food, location and Service just Amazing!!! Delicious fish it’s a must to do in Savannah.
Dessert also delicious. While waiting for our table we spent a good time in the bar staff friendly

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First, the house is beautiful and service attentive. The maitre 'd checked in with us several times.

Second, I wish they would bright up the lights at dinner service so patrons can better read the menu, see the food and see the restaurant at night. Lights were so dim, made me sleepy and unable to see the food I'm served.

The table bread biscuits were ok, wasn't warm by the time we got it.

We shared the fried green tomatoes appetizer and the kitchen already split the dish into two plates for us. Sad to say for the price, we only had 2 slices of fried green tomatoes. Are they that expensive to make??

My mom had the salmon and I opted for the Vidalia onion and sweet potato ravioli. Both were very good and wonderfully flavored.

For dessert, we ordered the Praline Basket because it sounded interesting only to find out the dish is the restaurant's signature. Why the waitress didn't tell us that up front is beyond me. I would've thought it is something they would say by way of recommendation. It was a beautifully presented dessert and tasted just as nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food and great service. Very lovely building. The maitre’d and waitress was very attentive. It was chilly out and we were seated next to a warm fireplace. Got to read about the history which was nice.