1,266 results
All reviewsrooftop bartop deckthe riverhardwood floorscotton warehousebeautiful hotelboutique hotelvalet parkingsmall balconyhigh ceilingsa river view roomperfect locationstreet levelvalet servicecontainer shipshistoric districtrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We made reservations at this hotel April 20th for two nights stay on June 17 and 18. We even received a confirmation for a river view double queen with balcony room on 4/20 and 6/10 (reconfirmation). We arrived to the hotel for check and were told they did not have a room with double beds but could offer us a king. They were not helpful nor apologetic but stated they overbooked the rooms. They did not even try to be helpful. I literally stood at the the check in desk and made a reservation next door at the Hyatt (where by the way we were treated with respect and positive customer service). This has never happened to us and hopefully will not happen again because we will never reserve a room at this hotel again. Everyone was less than helpful including the night manager who stood by and watched his staff struggle in explaining the mishap.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank cg208cm1592
Dorian H, Front Office Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear cg208cm1592,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review concerning your recent reservation at the Cotton Sail Hotel. It causes us great concern when we are unable to satisfy our guests needs and your input will help us to sharpen our policies and procedures to further minimize the possibility of a recurrence in the future. Again, I certainly appreciate your taking the time to inform us of the inadequacies you experienced.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a romantic getaway weekend and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a King Balcony room and it is just the right blend of beautifully modern and historic charm. Was very pleased to find out (through the book left in the room) that this hotel is on the Historical Register and was formally a cotton warehouse. The floors are 200 years old and just gorgeous. I had a good giggle about the “balcony” as it’s no larger than a stoop and I was afraid to go out on it. However it was great to look out of and watch the barge traffic. Starbucks coffee in room was an upgrade to what we’re used to and snacks and bottled water also. Bed was super comfy and the hotel provided earplugs as well but we slept soundly without them and it was quiet. AC had no trouble keeping up with the 90+ degree temperatures outside for June. We only had one problem with our stay when our car key went missing briefly from the valet, but was quickly found and later we arrived to a wonderful bottle of wine and apologetic card from the manager. All in all it was a lovely stay and we would highly recommend. We look forward to a return trip on the future. Thank you!

The Henry’s
Maryville TN

Hello Becki H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback about your most recent visit to the Cotton Sail Hotel. I have shared your kind words with our team and we are all so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us while visiting beautiful Savannah, Georgia. Again, thank you and we look forward to having the pleasure of accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

My husband and I have just returned from a trip to Savannah Ga, and while there we stayed at the Cotton Sail Hotel. I must say that any return trip we make to Savannah, the Cotton Sail hotel will be our go to spot. From the moment the valet, Larry, greeted us until they sent us on our way, the service and friendliness by all staff members was top shelf. A special thanks to Dorian, one of the managers for making us feel welcome and special the whole time we were there. We had a balcony room on the river, which was a nice size and impeccably clean. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the room was very quiet, even though it was in close proximity to the lobby. The location of the Cotton Sail couldn’t be better, as it is right on River Street with an elevator that delivers you right to everything River Street has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Dorian H, Front Office Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear CynthiaKel,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, thank you for your recommendation and 5-star rating of our Cotton Sail Hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I was very much delighted to hear that our colleagues made such a positive impact during your time in the hotel. These will be shared with our entire team, as this will continue to motivate them to provide exceptional service to all our guests.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Had booked a king room with a balcony overlooking the river as part of an anniversary trip. Upon checking in the clerk churlishly said the room I booked had aldready been given away (implausibly blamed on “a computer glitch”). She dismissively offered a first floor double bed with a city “view” of a picturesque Five Guys. To right the wrong, she offered a $70 “discount” which was actually the full price of the city “view.” There was no true remuneration for their mistake. The raison d’etre of the hotel is the river and would not have booked the hotel without the scenic view.

Errors may happen but their distempered and uncompassionate handling of the situation were fully within their control.

I will be looking at other venues to stay on future visits to Savannah and would recommend others do the same.

P.S. there was also no soap in the bathroom

3  Thank ThomasHMorgan

Dear ThomasHMorgan,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Cotton Sail Hotel. Your feedback caught my attention and I would like to apologize for the detractors you experienced. Should there be a chance we can have you return please reach out to me directly as I would like to ensure that visit will exceed expectations.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

First the staff was amazing. They couldn't have been nicer. Everyone from the valet to the front desk. Our room was well decorated and the bed was comfortable with many soft pillows. Our room looked out to the river. It had a very small balcony. It was fun watching the boats go by. The location couldn't have been better. Close to everything. Roof top bar very nice feature.
It rained while we were there and they provide you with umbrellas. Again I must say the staff was great.

1  Thank Melinda N

Hello Melinda N,

It is great to know that our staff and hotel made a positive impression on you. I can confidently state that it is the guest interaction experience that we all enjoy the most here at The Cotton Sail Hotel. Thank you for the wonderful review and I hope I will have the opportunity to see you again during your next visit.

Dorian H