1,266 results
All reviewsrooftop bartop deckthe riverhardwood floorscotton warehousebeautiful hotelboutique hotelvalet parkingsmall balconyhigh ceilingsa river view roomstreet levelperfect locationvalet servicecontainer shipshistoric districtrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this pretty little hotel this past weekend. Front desk staff were great and Connor and the blonde FD Manager (?) was super nice as she gave us a riverview upgrade at no additional cost.
Room was small but very well decorated and the bathroom and shower were great!
Their river balcony is also very tiny, but allows you to pop out for a quick picture and view of the Riverwalk. Great restaurants and fresh seafood and my daughter loved watching the huge cargo ships coming into port that you get to watch and enjoy along with all the great history of the city. Goosefeathers is a great breakfast place 5 minutes away (walking) and staff could not be nicer. Only negative of the stay was the roof top bar manager Sunday evening that was aggressively rude about taking a picture of the skyline, just minutes after closing. I asked only because it was the only opportunity and we would leave town before opening the following morning. With the exception of his attitude, we would highly recommended this hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Dorian H, Front Office Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Hello Mayfield_33

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback regarding our staff will be shared with the entire hotel to aide in continued motivation to deliver amazing guest service. Our pristine river view is a great reason to call us home whenever you are in the Savannah area. Your comments regarding the rooftop bar will be shared with the Top Deck management team. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Thanks,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very very nice. Larry the valet is the bomb. Watched our vehicle while we grab lunch. Always a big smile and good conversation. Room was large with balcony on the river. Bed super comfy. Loved the ice/water machine right outside our room. Location the best. Walked everywhere. No complaints on this property.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear pfcombes,

What a wonderful review you have provided us with. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the awesome comments regarding our hotel and Larry our valet attendant. I have shared your post with him, and it really made his day. It is great to know that our efforts are appreciated by our guests. We can't wait to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I was pretty smitten with the idea of the Cotton Sail, based on what I saw on the web site. The reality didn't live up to the promise.

My first mistake was the location. Having never been to Savannah, I read a lot about the River Walk. Sounded charming. But the reality was different. It's the Savannah equivalent of San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf -- an historic area by the water filled with T-shirt shacks, tourist hawkers, stumbling drunks, loud hooters, and cheap food, all capitalizing on a River view that's mostly clogged with container ships. (Pro tip: choose a place a few blocks inland; as I quickly learned, Savannah's best features are the interior neighborhoods around the public squares).

As for the hotel -- the building is charming, but the amenities are pretty basic. No pool -- which matters *a lot* in the summer. Closet-sized gym. Narrow rooms. River view rooms with balcony only have one small door, opening onto a gate.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, but not the right place for us.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor -- 5th or 6th. City views on the 4th open right onto the parking turn-around.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Dear wife and I spent two nights at this boutique hotel (52 rooms) and I still am viewing this with mixed emotions. First, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Second, the public areas are very nicely decorated. Third, the place is clean.

Now our room was a deluxe king balcony on the river. The room is very much modern with the crappy furniture we expect to find these days in hotel rooms. Amenities are quite good. The room has a very large shower and no tub. The balcony is almost an essential for me as I want to be able to watch the river traffic as Savannah is one of busiest ports in the nation. The balcony is tiny. Two average sized people would have trouble fitting on it. It provides a great view of the action at the turn just downstream of the Talmadge bridge. The room has been rebuilt with modern thick plaster walls. The floor is reclaimed heart pine. In our room, it was quite beat up and had lots of poorly done patches. It was not exactly a highlight.

We had an issue with the toilet plugging up. Account of other issues, it took the maintenance guy quite a while to respond to our problem. He fixed it is short order when he did get there. I do not understand why this property has high end Kohler fixtures and then a cheap, lower than low quality Sterling toilet.

The valet parking is somewhat expensive, but the various hotels that share the facility do pay for 24 hour security, so I feel it is worth it. Our valet was prompt and pleasant.

Would we stay here again? It depends. It is on the "wrong side" of the incredibly ugly Hyatt that should never have been built on the river front. The building was relatively quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We would certainly consider this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: If a river is important to you, opt for a river view balcony room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Dorian H, Front Office Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hello James F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a comprehensive review about your most recent visit to the Cotton Sail Hotel. I have shared your kind words with our team and we are all so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us while visiting beautiful Savannah. It's always good to know our successes as well as any opportunities to improve our guest experience. Your comments help us a great deal. Thank you for choosing The Cotton Sail Hotel and please come back again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Great location to walk anywhere in the historic district! Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Con was we were under the rooftop bar, at closing time you hear scraping chairs for about an hour+ while they clean the floor. Also, do not just order water and soda at the rooftop. Plastic cups for drinks and they never came back to see if we maybe wanted to order something more (food or booze).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy A

Dear Kathy A,

Thank you for your candid review and we are happy our hotel team was nice and helpful during your stay at the Cotton Sail Hotel. I regret that we did not meet all your expectations and for that I sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team. I will share your comments regarding your experience at Top Deck Bar with their management team. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Have a wonderful day,