1,266 results
All reviewsrooftop bartop deckthe riverhardwood floorscotton warehousebeautiful hotelboutique hotelvalet parkingsmall balconyhigh ceilingsa river view roomperfect locationstreet levelvalet servicecontainer shipshistoric districtrestaurants and shops
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Sorry I did not book through 3rd party instead of directly through the hotel. Overpriced for what you get. The air conditioner sounded terrible & gave me a headache so spent as little time in room as possible le plus kept me awake. Called about it twice with no one checking on it. Dirty glasses & napkins never cleaned up (we were not messy). Went to the rooftop bar, sat for half hour & never waited on. Our feet stuck to the floors. The beds & pillows were comfortable. On a positive the valets were great! Would I stay there again? NO

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if you get a balcony, river view & if there is a tub or shower.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherry A
Dorian H, Front Office Manager at Cotton Sail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Sherry A,

We truly apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

My apologies,

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Overall, I like the idea of the Cotton Sail Hotel - great location, extremely clean, well maintained (from what we saw), and the service was overall great. Special thanks to both Connor and the FD Supervisor that made a very lengthy car ride much more worthwhile with a very generous upgrade to a river view. With a one year old baby, the river view was absolutely perfect. We loved watching the large ships come in to port and our baby loved the tug boats! We went to Fiddlers Crab House after check in and they got us in quick and kept the service clean but casual. They were awesome and overly accommodating to us (especially with a baby wayyy last her bedtime.) My husband did mention one employee that was a bit rude to him at the Roofdeck Bar. Although it was just after closing, he was asking for a picture (not an entree or drink!) and was rudely turned away. Tip: skip the valet charge if there is parking down the cobblestone corridor only IF you stay over on a Sunday (no charge) but be sure to pay the meter by 8:00am Monday morning!

Although the history of the Riverwalk is cool, I almost expected more “to do” than tourist shop through candy (but try the pralines), T-shirt and hat shops. Be sure to venture out!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this pretty little hotel this past weekend. Front desk staff were great and Connor and the blonde FD Manager (?) was super nice as she gave us a riverview upgrade at no additional cost.
Room was small but very well decorated and the bathroom and shower were great!
Their river balcony is also very tiny, but allows you to pop out for a quick picture and view of the Riverwalk. Great restaurants and fresh seafood and my daughter loved watching the huge cargo ships coming into port that you get to watch and enjoy along with all the great history of the city. Goosefeathers is a great breakfast place 5 minutes away (walking) and staff could not be nicer. Only negative of the stay was the roof top bar manager Sunday evening that was aggressively rude about taking a picture of the skyline, just minutes after closing. I asked only because it was the only opportunity and we would leave town before opening the following morning. With the exception of his attitude, we would highly recommended this hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hello Mayfield_33

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback regarding our staff will be shared with the entire hotel to aide in continued motivation to deliver amazing guest service. Our pristine river view is a great reason to call us home whenever you are in the Savannah area. Your comments regarding the rooftop bar will be shared with the Top Deck management team. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Thanks,

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very very nice. Larry the valet is the bomb. Watched our vehicle while we grab lunch. Always a big smile and good conversation. Room was large with balcony on the river. Bed super comfy. Loved the ice/water machine right outside our room. Location the best. Walked everywhere. No complaints on this property.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear pfcombes,

What a wonderful review you have provided us with. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the awesome comments regarding our hotel and Larry our valet attendant. I have shared your post with him, and it really made his day. It is great to know that our efforts are appreciated by our guests. We can't wait to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I was pretty smitten with the idea of the Cotton Sail, based on what I saw on the web site. The reality didn't live up to the promise.

My first mistake was the location. Having never been to Savannah, I read a lot about the River Walk. Sounded charming. But the reality was different. It's the Savannah equivalent of San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf -- an historic area by the water filled with T-shirt shacks, tourist hawkers, stumbling drunks, loud hooters, and cheap food, all capitalizing on a River view that's mostly clogged with container ships. (Pro tip: choose a place a few blocks inland; as I quickly learned, Savannah's best features are the interior neighborhoods around the public squares).

As for the hotel -- the building is charming, but the amenities are pretty basic. No pool -- which matters *a lot* in the summer. Closet-sized gym. Narrow rooms. River view rooms with balcony only have one small door, opening onto a gate.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, but not the right place for us.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor -- 5th or 6th. City views on the 4th open right onto the parking turn-around.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family