New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Tara Haunted Tours

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #42 of 143 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“OK ghost tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2008

We took three ghost tours while in Savannah. I have visited many haunted places in Cali & wanted to check out some here in the "Old City". Tara was friendly and seemed like it would be a fun tour. She had some interesting stories, one or two I really liked. Some with good history, some not. However when people were getting "orbs" in some of the pictures, she seemed to really want to make them think they captured a ghost. I looked at a couple of them & can tell you from what I've been told from actual "Investigators" that they were what they call "dust orbs" not "spirit orbs". I would say she doesn't really have the true experience of a paranormal investigator from the way she talked. We had a small group & the others seemed to enjoy it, though one guy was kind of like me & just rolling his eyes at some of the "evidence". He made me laugh with his faces that most didn't get to see.
Over all we liked the tour OK, but it was not great or what other reviews had seemed to indicate it would be, we rank it 3rd out of the three we took.

2 Thank Cali7799

the South
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

While in Savannah, my group had the pleasure of going on three tours with Tara Tours. Our first was a private tour with Tara. She is GREAT! She really knows a lot about the area and is so fun to be around. She is truly a great Southern lady! We also took the haunted pub tour with Georgeanne. She is a riot! We had so much fun with her. This is a must do for a group of people. We also did a haunted tour with Janet. She is a very special lady. She was very good about sensing where we would find activity. Our cameras found quite a few orbs adn eerie things. We were not alone on that trip. All in all, even though I have now seen a majority of Savannah, if I were to go back my first stop would be with one of the lovely ladies from Tara Tours. Worth every penny!

4 Thank mthom43
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Greatest Tour EVER!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

I have done a lot of traveling in my days, but this was one of the most pleasent trips ever because of the amazing culture that is in savannah. I had the prevlaege to take this awesome Haunted walking Tour with Tara, which was real knowlegeable and showed love and passion for the city. As we were walking from house to house in the hostroical part of Savannah, she was not only the most funny and out going person, she really makes you feel the culture as she tells stories about the huntings of each house and the history behind it. If you ever get the chance....you need to take this Tour i personally Give this Tour 5 stars even though it is most likey to deserive 6 stars!!!!!

3 Thank xtreme8935
Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“You will never forget!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2008

I must say this was one of the funnest things we did while in Savannah. Our group went on the Haunted Pub Crawl. Well worth the money and Tara (guide) is a wonderful lady who knows her stuff and has lived in Savannah all her life as well as her family lineage.
You will have a great time and won't forget all you learn. Please bring your camera as you will be surprised what you might find there! Our group has some unforgetable pictures and you can find one of them on the website. Hello Anna!

5 Thank Angry123Minnesota
Savannah, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Creepy and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

A friend and I decided to enjoy the ghosts like the tourists do for Halloween and picked this pub crawl.

Tara is a flirty and fun local Savannahian whose family has been here a long time. We went to three bars in old buildings. All along the way, she tells both haunted stories and local scandalous gossip that you only get from the natives! Our group was big enough to enjoy each other's company, which was a plus because we passed some groups that had about 30 people in them and the guide had to yell the stories.

Tara knew the best places for cocktails and we really had a great time. Girl - I'll be looking for you on the streets! Thanks for the fun!

6 Thank Joandio