“Quick Brunch Bite.”

Get food delivered
Ranked #41 of 843 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Description: French Pastries. Macarons. Gourmet Eggs, Salads, Quiches & Sandwiches. These are just a few of the delectable sweet and savory menu items you will find just steps above River Street on Bay Street, situated in Savannah's Historic Downtown District. Café M, an authentic Parisian café, awaits you with quaint French decor and traditional sounds of France as though you've just stepped out of Savannah and into Paris. This popular spot serves fresh brewed coffee all day along side an extensive sweet and savory menu. If you are in the mood for something stronger, Café M has a wonderful Wine, Champagne and Mimosas selection. While you wait for your handcrafted baguette sandwich or latté, why not peruse their selection of imported foods, goods and artwork from France and Europe. Whether you sit at the pet friendly outdoor tables or inside this welcoming café, you’ll enjoy authentic French ambiance and delights and experience true Southern Hospitality.
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

We happened upon the cafe because everything was either booked or the wait very long on Memorial Day. Although there was a line, it went by very quickly. The baked goods here were delicious and the coffee near perfection. I’d definitely recommend if you are grabbing a quick gourmet bite.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 30 May 2021

Liked their food. The croissants were excellent. We enjoyed the 10% rebate due to us staying at the River Street Inn.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021

We had one of our worst experiences ever at Café M. My wife, her mother and I came in for a light breakfast/brunch. I am 65, my wife is 62 and her mother is 86. We were aware that this was a café where you order at the counter (and we did take note of the signs saying to please order before being seated- we thought this was just to let diners know there was no table service), but were surprised when we were glared at when we stood by a table for a momentto look at the menu before going to the counter to order. So we went to the counter and put in our orders- my wife ordered a croissant sandwich with scrambled eggs, her mother ordered fruit salad and a croissant and I ordered a yogurt and granola parfait. I also ordered a cup of coffee.
We then went to sit at a table, and were immediately accosted by a waitress angrily demanding to know if we had placed an order. When we told her "yes" she turned on her heel and huffed away without a word of apology. Already we were feeling like our mere presence was somehow a grave inconvenience to the staff.
After a moderately long wait, my yogurt and my wife's mother's fruit salad arrived, and the waitress told my wife her order would be right out.
We sat and waited. And waited. Finally my wife's mother ate her croissant, and we inquired about my wife's sandwich, and were told it would be right up. I ate my yogurt parfait and my wife's mother ate her fruit salad. My wife was about to say "Forget the sandwich", ask for a refund and leave, but was again told "It's coming right out. (My coffee never did show up.)
Final straw? The last time my wife went to the counter to say she just wanted her money back (we had been waiting over 45 minutes now- how long does it take to make a scrambled egg croissant?), someone opened the curtain between the counter and the kitchen, and my wife saw the cook put his hands in the garbage for something, and then immediately turn back to food prep without washing. The woman at the counter (owner?), seeing what my wife saw, yanked the curtain closed and stopped arguing about the refund. I would have included "Questionable Hygiene" in the review title, but I was worried it might get the review flagged somehow.
To be clear, my wife was not the only one who saw what the cook did. The woman in line behind her turned around and walked out the door.
I will never return.

Date of visit: April 2021
3  Thank Steven C
Cafe M Savannah, Owner at Cafe M, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2021

We apologize that you had a negative experience with us. Please reach out to us at owner@cafemsavannah.com to discuss in more detail.

Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

We did takeout at Cafe M, so we can’t say anything about the service. You order your food at the counter and then you are able to grab a seat indoors or outdoors. The setting was nice, but if you’ve been to Paris, it might not feel like it is a truly Parisian environment. We ordered the butter croissant, blueberry & cheese croissants, & raspberry cheese croissants. Everything was good, but the blueberry was my favorite. We didn’t order the sandwiches, but they looked great.

Date of visit: April 2021
Cafe M Savannah, Owner at Cafe M, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2021

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the pastries and hope that you visit again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2021

My puppy and I had a beautiful and delicious breakfast on the river in Savannah at Cafe M.

I highly recommend this place for a lovely meal with a beautiful view. I had a yogurt parfait and scrambled eggs with brie. Yes, yes, yes!!!!

This is a great place for breakfast!

Date of visit: March 2021
Cafe M Savannah, Owner at Cafe M, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2021

Taffada I am so happy to hear you and your puppy had such a lovely time visiting our Cafe! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!