See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2016

I have stayed here many times because its pet friendly. They have a large area to walk my dogs- We had a new room with new mattress, bed coverings and wood grain flooring- also a new sink and bathroom tub and shower head. The renovations are looking amazing and when done will be great- This place is very reasonable priced and 10 min in traffic from downtown. The parking is great and atmosphere makes me feel safe.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Robinw93
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I stayed here while working in Tybee Island as the island was way to expensive for my pockets. They were doing some renovations and didn't really bother me as I was away from there early every morning Mon-Thurs and didn't hear much noise. Although there were a couple of times the police were there. Just cleaning up the area as activities were trying to make camp but, the owners had the officers camp out and get rid of the riffraff and was just about finish with the up grades before I left to come Melbourne.

Stayed: April 2015
3  Thank Gisele P
Reviewed 2 December 2015

We stayed here because it was late and we had a dog. Had we have known how bad this hotel was, we would have gone to another hotel nearby. We got there late and there were two people at the desk but they would not let us in the door. They saw us and motioned to us but made us wait just standing at the door. The shower was filled with mold. If you pay a really low rate, you can deal with a bad room but this room was almost a hundred dollars and it is not in a great area. The room was not very clean and I would highly suggest another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear Lou, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

I consider myself a forgiving traveler when considering a low budget quick overnight hotel. We were passing through on our trip to Florida hoping to enjoy a night. This hotel and Motel 6 should be condemned. The room had dirt on the floor including fingernails and just crud. There was black mold growing in the shower and sink. Dirt and dust all over everything. We were not able to get a refund as we spent 65 minutes there before leaving for another hotel. The kicker was they actually spend money on "how was your stay" cards... Run Forest Run!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6Team, Team 6 at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Stacie Kav,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues and noise concerns you describe. We are proud of our award winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors, but are sorry to hear you did not enjoy them during your visit. Please know the issues you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

My wife, kids and myself got into Savannah about midnight after a 7 hour drive. We were very tired and ready for sleep. We checked in and went to our room to find the most awful smell and greasy looking conditions I have ever seen. A rank nasty, musky smell heavily blended with the smell of cigarette smoke. My 9 year old son had to use the bathroom so he went in just to run back out two seconds later complaining of the huge roach bugs and the toilet being full of poo!!! I went in to check and found that it was no exaggeration. My wife looked at me and said there is no way we are staying here and I said don't worry we are out of here. So we walked back down the stairs to go to the car to drive back up front as the local thugs who were hanging out around there rooms in the parking lot laughed and hollered "y'all didn't stay long, something wrong with your room? ". You could tell they were regulars there and were very amused at our leaving. My wife and kids were terrified, remember this was after midnight. I drove back to the front, went in and told them there was no way we were staying there and why. The girl behind the counter called in the manager who acted like he was very surprised that our room was not to our liking. He did refund my money back to my card and we were blessed to find a room at another brand name hotel a few miles away. It was twice as much but it was CLEAN AND SAFE! I wasn't expecting much with this room and I'm usually very forgiving but this was AWFUL!!! Please travelers turn and run from this place!!!

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars more and stay away from this place!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear Mitchell,
Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.