“Clean Room , Great Staff”

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
Ranked #97 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I've stayed at this property many times. The rooms have been updated within the last year. Clean new beds, linens, and towels. Pool is in good shape, pet friendly with area for walking them. I found the staff to be very friendly and customer service oriented. The location is close to everything in the Savannah area, 30 minutes to Tybee beaches. Free Wifi that actually works. BBQ Buffet right next door

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I read other reviews and didn't want to stay here but had little choices when traveling with a pet. I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel was perfect! We stayed 4 nights. The people at the front desk are helpful and very friendly. The rooms (we had 2) were very clean and comfortable. I think it may have been recently remodeled. There's a great buffet next door for dinner and tons of shopping & other restaurants within a mile. It's a no frills hotel so bring your own toiletries. They do have a pool but due to rain we never used it. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Guest, We appreciate you recognizing our team and the true quality of our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, please come again soon. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department to share your experience: 1-855-787-9864. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

this is one of the nicest motel 6 i have seen. i love the location it is close to a lot of shopping centers and downtown area is fairly close. I'm writing this review because i wanted to let people know about the wonderful customer service i recieved. Leahnna works for the front desk and she is wonderful. any time i needed anything she was right there with her positive attitude and helpful directions. because of her i will return to this establishment she deserves a raise for her hospitality, and customer service. yall have a wonderful employee

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest, We appreciate you recognizing our friendly team members and our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, please come again soon. If you haven't already done so, please call our Guest Relations Department to share your experience: 1-855-787-9864. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I'm giving 5 Stars because this is a budget motel and it met all expectations for me.

Stayed over on a Saturday night while husband's band played at a local club. Parking lot was full, but the hotel was quiet for a Saturday.

I am one of those who packs Lysol & Chlorox wipes no matter how high-end the hotel chain might be. After wiping down all areas I expected to find grime, I was pleasantly surprised to come up with a CLEAN wipe. THEN...I wiped parts of the floor...again...NO DIRT! Not even a hair!

The hotel has been renovated. The floors have been newly replaced with laminate. Water pressure was fine. Towels are pretty thin. Linens were also a bit thin. Bedcover was washable and appeared to have been washed.

Exterior lighting was very bright and seemed to scare off any "dark corner" traffic.

Just down the street from the new and trendy Midtown area. Fresh Market, Publix, Pier One.

Kids were having fun in the pool, but I didn't have time to check that out.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank FreelanceBeth91
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Before writing my review I want to make it clear that I have stayed in many budget hotels and KNOW what to expect. No frills, bare minimums, which is all ok for me. What I did NOT expect is to open the door and be greeted by a disgusting STENCH of old cigarette smoke. The room smelled so bad we had to leave the front door open. Then the bathroom reeked of old urine. The bed sheets were stained, chairs stained with what looked like splodges of red nail polish, floor had black dirt circles on it (the type that come off if you mop the floor). I opened the fridge and the freezer section had a big ice build up with some nasty brown liquid all over it. The beds were uncomfortable, and had a plastic sheet which rustled underneath the bedsheet, I can only imagine to keep bed bugs off. Tried to escape to the pool area, but plastic chairs by the pool were absolutely filthy. There is no excuse for such filth! No matter how decrepit the premises are, you can still clean it!

Was like something out of a horror movie. Did not sleep all night from the smell. Checked out at 7 am. This does not deserve any stars, seriously a disgrace to the motel industry. I am not a fussy person, and I am tell you, DON"T STAY HERE.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family