“Wonderful hotel”

The Kimpton Brice Hotel
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I stayed here for a couple of nights last week. I actually have been staying at Kimpton hotels more lately. They have all been very good. This one is no exception. The rooms are decent size and clean. The staff at the bar is outstanding. They know their city very well. My typical two questions I ask the bartender in a new city is, "I am here for one night, give me your one restaurant for dinner and one bar for cocktails". The bartender at the hotel hit it on the head with his two choices.

One negative is the hotel gym. Two treadmills and one stationary bike. Pretty forlorn looking room. They do have a gym guests can use, but it is quite a distance away. The other minor negative is that the hotel is at the far end of the main road. The walk can be a bit long to restaurants and bars in the hot Savannah weather.

Room Tip: I would suggest 3rd floor if you have allergies to dog dander. Third floor is no dogs floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
alfoncemckinney, Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Henry J,
Thank you for staying at the Brice Hotel. We really do appreciate the kind comments. I will be sure to thank the bar team for their knowledge of the Savannah area and helping you make the best decision on where to go.
Alfonce McKinney

Reviewed 10 August 2017

From the minute my toes touched the curb until we left the service could not have been better. The staff is dedicated to service. There is a beautiful patio where you can enjoy a complimentary wine and your dog can join you. Coffee and homemade granola bars are served in the morning. My grandchildren had fun in the pool, and I finished off my swim with a workout in the workout room by the pool.The historic neighborhood is quiet and within walking distance to the waterfront. There are bikes available to cruise around the area,no cost. The design and decor of this old Coca-Cola factory is unique and the rooms are a good size. The suites are excellent for a family of four that wants a little more space.. I researched many hotels before making reservations here. We are going to use this hotel again the next time we go to Savannah.

Room Tip: The third floor has suites which are extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sarafulton,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so glad to see that you were able to really enjoy yourself with us. We can't wait to have you back!
Alfonce McKinney

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We could not have been more pleased with the staff and the accommodations. The beds in our rooms were so comfortable; we slept so well. Even our family dog was treated like royalty. The staff was also very knowledgeable about restaurants, tours, and things to see. You cannot beat the great location. Despite pets being there, the hotel was immaculate.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
alfoncemckinney, Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Csbot,
Thank you for staying at the Brice hotel. We loved having you and your furry friend. We look forward to your return!
Alfonce J. McKinney

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I am so glad I found this dog friendly hotel for our mini vacay to Savannah. I never expected this hotel or its staff to be as dog and people friendly as they were. Our pet was treated as equally as we were, making sure her needs were met and she was comfortable. They even gave her a treat bag at check-in, and we were given a bottle of wine since we missed wine hour. I've never stayed in a hotel that was so guest friendly as this place. We saw guest in the "living room" playing games and interacting with other guest, and during wine hour everyone socialized with one another. When you walk in the lobby smells so clean and fresh. The rooms have full bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body soap for you to use. Every morning there is fresh coffee and some sort of biscuit or granola square. It was really fun! We will book our stay here again even if we do not bring our pet! Truly a great place to stay...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Michelec32317,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am really happy to see that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and your family. We always strive to make a fun atmosphere for our guest. Thank you for visiting the Brice hotel!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We loved the Kimpton Brice Hotel. It is pretty incredible because it's staff, ambiance and dog friendly atmosphere make you feel like you are in a gracious home. It was a perfect place to stay in Savannah and given the chance to do it again, we certainly will. The attention to detail added to its eccentricity. It was wonderfully comfortable and the staff was great. They have the all time best shampoo and conditioner I ever used in a hotel (in fact, I bought some to bring home because I was obsessed with it). The make-up mirror was the best ever as well. If you visit Savannah, this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Nancy,
Thank you so much for the kind comments! We loved having you and can't wait to welcome you back with open arms in the near future.