“On our way to see the Eclipse”

The Kimpton Brice Hotel
Ranked #16 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful introduction to Savannah. Good location and wonderful service, starting with an enthusiastic greeting as we arrived (wish I could remember the name of the kind and entertaining gentleman at the valet). The rooms were spacious and the beds deliciously comfortable. Wine time is well attended and love that the hotel is pet friendly (which gave me an opportunity to have my "fix" and pet other people's dogs!). The restaurant likewise provided lovely service and excellent food. I will watch for other opportunities to stay in a Kimpton Brice hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
alfoncemckinney, Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Kayakfreaks,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so happy to see that our staff was able to provide amazing service. I will be sure to just let everyone know that their hard work is much appreciated!
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This hotel is older, but allows pets. However-- it is grossly overpriced, the rooms are 'aged' (peeling paint in bath, etc) and the sofa was uncomfortable. I would have overlooked some of these issues, but at that price-- not so much. Any place that charges $29 to valet park your car on top of the super high rate is just gouging. Too many other choices in Savannah...

Room Tip: Bay St rooms are loud
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear Kim P,
Thank you for visiting the Brice. I apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations! I would have love to see a different outcome for your visit, but I understand sometimes that is not possible. If you ever decide to visit again please let me know and I am sure we can work on creating a much different experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Although the location and physicality of this hotel are superb, it is far surpassed by the amazing care, compassion and hospitality offered by its staff!! From the moment we opened our car door at the valet to the time we said goodbye, we were continuously meet with laughter, smiles, professionalism and kindness. Rodney, (he knew our plight before he even opened my door and truly made us all laugh!) Logan, Curtis, Justin and Alfonce all went above and beyond to ensure our happiness and satisfaction! Thank you so much. We will be back to enjoy your paradise soon when we are not escaping from the storm!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Dara,
We loved having you with us!! We enjoyed your visit so much that the whole team has been wondering when you will return to see us. Thank you for being a loyal Kimpton guest and thank you for blessing us with your presence!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This hotel is the best, by far one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a long time. Great location, incredible staff and beautiful, comfortable and clean rooms. This hotel is also dog friendly and my dogs LOVED it too!!! Would highly recommend this property. They offer a great discount for AAA members too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Dawn,
Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. I am elated to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Being trapped in the Brice Hotel during hurricane Irma was not a bad thing. The staff here is amazing! From helping with cancelled flights, to making sure we were fed, they took care of everything. Alphonse is the best, thanks for taking care of us. Rodney, Curtis, bartender Ashley and the great chef were all so great. Thanks for making a disaster of a vacation fun! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
alfoncemckinney, Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Melissa B,
Thank you for taking the time to complete this awesome review. I really did love having you and the whole crew with us during this terrible time. I appreciate your understanding of everything and being such great guest. No everyone is understanding of the limited service we have during this time so this means a lot to us. We can't wait to have you back.