US$161
US$136
BestWestern.com
US$111
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$179
Hampton.com
All reviewsbusiness levelfourth floorbar and grillbirds chirpingkoi pondlog cabinpendleton blanketsmemory foamon site restaurantwalk in showercoffee machinejacuzzi tubpacific northwestcontinental breakfastthe portland vancouver arearoom was largeparking lot
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We just got back from staying at this lovely lodge today. It is situated very conveniently close to freeways in the heart of shopping & eating places. Even though it looks like it is located in a dense forest, it is really right in amongst all the other establishments with a small stand of trees surrounding it, which gives it a forest feel. Portland is only a 15 to 20 minute drive, over the bridge. Staying here in Vancouver saved us quite a bit of money.

The staff must all be treated very well because they were genuinely interested in greeting and chatting it up with the guests. They all looked like they really enjoyed their jobs and were eager to help you with your requests. We liked them all.

The room was a standard size King room. I know they have larger sized ones, but we ended up with a smaller sized one close to the elevator on the second floor. We paid $80+taxes with our AAA discount. We had a refrigerator/microwave and fair sized bathroom with a good amount of amenities except for a magnifying mirror. I really liked that the windows could be left open at night to get fresh air into the room, which we did. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel has a nice sized indoor swimming pool and hot tub and the exercise room looked very well equipped. I wish I had brought clothes to work out in and swim in!

The restaurant for the hotel is OUTSTANDING! Order the crab cakes, scallops, corn chowder and bread pudding! You will not regret it! It is truly a gem of a restaurant with very accommodating waiters/waitresses who are good at their jobs and love them! It's a plus that they have several gluten free options.

We highly recommend this lodge & restaurant! They have a frequent stay guest program you can join to earn free night stays. We will be coming back!

Room Tip: I would ask for one of the rooms with a balcony looking out on the woods.
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My family and I came into town to visit with extended family and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We stayed on the executive floor which included the free breakfast and was not unhappy with any aspect of our stay. The beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean and the customer service was wonderful.

I am originally from the Portland/Vancouver area and love the log cabin decor and the Pacific Northwest feel that is all throughout the hotel.

We will definitely stay here when we come into town again.

Room Tip: The executive floor is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Heathman shows attention to detail....very nice front desk staff, comfortable rooms and great bathrooms. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Returning to this professionally run and maintained Hotel, where the staff are encouraged to 'express themselves', the housekeeping and maintenance staff are to be applauded for the cleanliness and the catering staff consistently produce excellent meals, was a delight for four nights in early May 2012.
I have nothing but praise for the amenities, the attention to detail and the great friendliness of the staff from Savannah's welcoming team on the front desk to Wanda's humour and ability t make everyone feel 'special' in the 4th Floor complimentary 'Business' area.
Thanks to all the first class team at a fantastic 'home from home'.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank itsthebish
Reviewed 7 May 2012

You can hear the toilet and the shower from the floor above...especially when they shower at 5am. It is a LOUD gurgling sound. Also I had requested a room in the new wing but when I arrived, I was assigned an old room; while this is no problem I asked if anyone had even read my request for a new wing room on my online reservation. The clerk said there was no notes or comments on my app. While I can understand that those rooms might be full, I can't understand why there is even a space for comments if no one at the Lodge can see them. I have stayed at the Heathman Lodge several times over the years and will probably continue to do so but will also check out one or two other hotels in the area. This hotel was one of the best...but now looking like one of the rest.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 334. The view is of the entry roof and the noise from the floor upstairs is loud and disturbing.
1  Thank LasVegasGene
NorthPacificMgnt, Manager at Heathman Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Hello GeneOlympiaWA -

I am sorry to hear about your stay and room 334. I will be personally looking at that room to find out what the gurgling sound is. I also apologize for us not getting you a room in our new wing, those comments do come though the system. Hopefully you and I will have the chance to speak so I can find out who had checked you in to do some more training.

Thank you for staying with us over the years and I hope we get to see you again!

Yours Truly,