“Good food & view but noisy inside”

McMenamins on the Columbia
Ranked #17 of 775 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018

What's better than sitting in the patio in beautiful weather (72-degrees), watching the boats on the Columbia and people strolling by on the waterfront path ~ not a whole lot! The shared lighter fare mid-afternoon meal and early cocktail rounded out the idyllic experience so we returned several days later for more of the same. Only this time, we chose to eat indoors at an elevated booth.

The view was still great and so was the food. This popular restaurant really lives up to its high ratings. We will definitely return on the next trip. A few memorable items on the Yummy Meter: calamari, Cajun tots, Pork shanks, fish n' chips, focaccia, margarita. On the Ho Hum side: clam chowder. The Servers on the patio and in the restaurant were energetic, friendly and efficient. The sole Negative: acoustics inside the restaurant (horrendously noisy!) Thus, the 4-star rating.

1  Thank HonestScoop2014

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We visit often in the past and things was good before. Not sure what happen when we visit last with a big group. First we had to wait for 65 minutes to be seated and we still did not all sit together.My salad was fine but my husbands burger was overdone and very dry. My friend find a plastic tie in her food the kind that the bread bags have on it. She did not had to pay after she show it to the waitress,but that really gross me up.

1  Thank barbara1932
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We eat here as often as possible, but we always bring the whole family for our anniversary. Good food, good service, wonderful setting. Great place to eat with family and friends. You have to try it.

1  Thank pjway14
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The atomosphere is pleasant and the art is very NW.The halibut and chips is excellent along with a fresh screw hound

1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I live across from Esther Short Park and enjoy walking along the river. I feel I can cheat a little on I what I order (steak bites, cheese fondue and fries) because it is 1.5 miles one way. Three miles round trip isn't going to cancel out the calories but beer selection, very good menu selections and a great staff is worth it. The view and ambience can't be beat and would recommend McMenamins to everyone.