“Great neighborhood pub!”

Shanahan's Pub and Grill
Ranked #137 of 787 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Everybody needs a home base and Shanahan's is my new home base. As a newcomer to the area I discovered this gem on a neighborhood walk. Located on the edge of the Hough District in Vancouver, Shanahan's has a bit of a "Cheers" atmosphere. Friendly staff, great drinks and a good menu. The large outdoor patio offers a continually changing view of the local scene. You'll meet locals and visitors alike in this friendly bar.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent chili burger! Excellent shanty Fries! Pastrami was good. But a sunny Fri. night was a mistake! Food was excellent!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I heard about the Dublin and Reuben sandwiches here and decided to check it out. The food was very good here and the Dublin lived up to the hype. The corned beef was very tender and the sandwich was delicious. My wife tried the Top Sirloin salad and really enjoyed that as well. Our waitress was very good too. The vibe inside is cool and inviting with TVs a plenty. We'll be going back to try more of their offerings along with the many items they offer at happy hour. The only negative is that the sandwiches don't come with fries or coleslaw etc., and it's an extra $1.50 to add it.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

If you haven't tried it out, I would highly suggest stopping by. The food is great, big portions and lots of options. They smoke their own meats and have a great happy hour menu. I love to sit outside (weather permitting) and often bring my dog. They offer plenty of spots in the smoking area and all the tables have umbrellas. The service is good and the bartenders / waitstaff are all fun. They only have 2 pool tables which are usually busy, no dartboards as a backup. This is not a sports bar, its a good ol' fashioned local bar with live music from time to time.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We stopped by to have a few drinks and play billiards. They have two tables, place was full, we got right in. Service was over the top. Staff were having fun and taking care of business. My wife thought that the drinks were a little "stiff", as in strong. But I drink mine, rum, straight so it is always stiff. We did not have food, just drinks. We would come back.