“Great Turkish food”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2015

We went there with our Turkish friend and he really loved it!
So I am not Turkish but since he said it is great I believed him
It really tasted great to me and the portion is huge!
They have great menu and it is really delicious.
From restaurant name you really don't know it is Turkish restaurant but it is.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

It looks like a hole in the wall diner/luncheonette, but the food is far tastier. Turkish food is not about being pretty, but about flavor, a somewhat spicy rendition of middle eastern fare. It's not particularly cheap (if the room were fancier people would not complain; most Turkish entrees are $17-20, as are the rather largish Turkish Pizzas) but it's worth it. FWIW they give you a free bread (sort of a big soft roll, cut into pieces) with a white bean accompaniment, but charge extra for pita. Sounds odd but they seem to cook the pita to order; it's softer and better than anything you'd get at a store. It's that kind of place.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Located in Brookline (you could say Boston except if you are from Brookline ) close to the "Brookline Village" D-Line T-Station (like 2 minutes away) you can find this Turkish place... for some people, the best in Boston. You may not notice from outside that its a Turkish place, but once inside the smell (good) tells you about it. Appetizers are just ok, but main dishes taste good (I love their Yugurlut Adana kebab ) and big. Baklava are neither good or bad but the Kunefe is really good.

Prices have gone up in the last few years (quite a lot) and quality has go down a little... but still ok, Service has go down also (they forget some of my stuff, plus the silverware for one of us) and the decor is the same for ever. So:

PROS: Decent food, size, great Kunefe

CONS: Price went up, old decor, no so good service.

Summary: If you crave for a decent Turkish food and don't mind a so so service and a little overprice meal, this is the place for you

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We typically like informal, middle eastern/greek/turkish restaurants. Usually the food is tasty and the prices reasonable. Here, the food is tasty, although somewhat greasy. It's the prices that are out of whack. They charge "formal, attentive service" prices for a diner-like atmosphere. For the money, you can do much better.

1  Thank chap4
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I am still sick to my stomach. We went to eat with my family and ordered the food. The waiters was very nice, the food review was good. Except after they brought the food and we were eating, I noticed a Roach crawling the wall next to us. I caught it by a napkin and went to the manger to inform him. He was casually open the trash can and asked me to thru it out. I said are going to do anything and he said nothing. When I was coming back to my table, I saw another Roach and this time I was so sick that I left the restaurant. My wife talked to the manager and his reply was that they are coming from outside "right?" The kitchen was very dirty and don't even want to imagine that how many of those Roach actually are in the foods that they are serving. Well if like eat Roach, this the best place to go!

1  Thank H B