“DInner”

Bottega Fiorentina
Ranked #19 of 212 Restaurants in Brookline
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We live in Brookline and this is one of our favorite haunts. Very reasonably priced Tuscan food. Authentic! We go there all the time and have had food catered for large parties as well.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

for delivery, take-out - and eat-in, classically at one communal table or, for single patrons like me (I came from an appointment around the corner), two nice window boards. The reviews here are eerily correct - authentic, Tuscan, friendly, family-style, unpretentious. I had the meat plate of the day, Arista di Maiale, which was ready, as good as in Firenze, and altogether a nice affair. The potatoes with it were a bit too fatty (and I do like things drowned in oil), but a really superb large slice of the typical unsalted bread came with it and so it was a really good lunch.

What I minded though - no fault of the owners - is that you couldn't have a glass of wine with that; local licensing laws. I know I know, but what the... I mean, this is so barbaric, so untuscan - not even a small red with my lunch? What a loss of civilizational achievement in the name of what, sobriety? less drunk driving? saving the youth? Looking at all the stuff on the hard-drug crisis here, that seems bizarre!

Still a nice place and I might easily be back.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I brought my parents and two siblings to Bottega Fiorentina for a quick dinner on a Friday night. We had someone in a wheelchair with our 5 person party and the staff rose above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and taken care of.

Bottega manages to be both authentic and quick when it comes to their food - this might be the only place in Newton to get Italian food that's good, fast, and cheap all at once! I had their stuffed ravioli (which I highly recommend) and it came out perfect in portion size and taste. My parents are now telling everyone back in the Midwest about "this great fast food Italian place" they got to try on their travels. Extra points for impressing the hard-to-impress!

Our server was a delight and I'm looking forward to my next trip there. Don't let its small size and seating area fool you: this is a hidden gem right in Newton Centre that I encourage anyone to try.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is an unpretentious place with Italian ingredients for sale and a very large menu. Seating is at one of a couple of (indoor) picnic tables or on high chairs at a counter. You order at the counter and collect your order.
It took us a while to decide from among the many options, including the daily specials. I had fettucine aglio e oglio, which was lovely and perfectly cooked. H had gluten free pasta with the day's special Maremmana sauce, which she enjoyed. R had the ravioli of the day, which was filled with shrimp and had peas in the sauce.
Coffee was good and well priced.
We liked this place. The owner was friendly and helpful and had a sense of humour about the way Italian food has morphed in the United States.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered pasta as we are staying in a near hotel, and it was fast and delicious! And we are italian, so we have high standards for pasta! Also very nice deliveryman